Gigabyte Announces Two Windows 8 Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
very nice specs, here's hoping the price isn't to ou tthere, would be nice to have a tablet with thosw specs, here's hopign it isn't priced out of the stratosphere

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]redyellowblueblast[/nom]Will they release Android versions of these tablets? Id be much more interested in those.[/citation]

powered by ivy bridge so no, they are actual x86 systems not arm processor so no anrdoid wouldn't function our of the box on it, though there are some projdect ou tthere for ports to android on x86

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]powered by ivy bridge so no, they are actual x86 systems not arm processor so no anrdoid wouldn't function our of the box on it, though there are some projdect ou tthere for ports to android on x86[/citation]

Intel has android on x86 and has for a while now. few smartphones out there with atom cores in them

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]A new OS Hipster is born.[/citation]New? Trolldier has been trollin' for some time. He's really predictable though.[citation][nom]redyellowblueblast[/nom]I just like the Android environment much more then Windows 8.[/citation]There are tons of Android tablets out there. You could totally go buy one, and use it to not post in articles about Win8 tablets asking if there's an Android version.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Now if only we could get an X86 Windows Phone.... that would be worth talking about.

I feel that MS made a big blunder coming out with ARM based Windows products in the first place. That is a big part of why the phones don't sell and why RT tablets do poorly. An x86 phone though would be something else.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
as android has been already ported to x86 I think we will be able to dual boot windows 8 and android on these tablets

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]Shush, its more accepted now[/citation]

What, 2% market share? Adoption rate worse than Vista, but I guess fanboys will keep cheering no matter what.

besplatan

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]microsoft employees troll Toms and adjust the ratings accordingly... and get paid to do so[/citation]

too bad they can't adjust the market share or move some Windows tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.