Gigabyte Announces X299 Aorus Gaming Pre-Order Specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocBones

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
Hard to think of any deals that would justify not waiting till we see how well either Intel's or AMD's new systems overclock.

G

No, thanks. Benchmark numbers are already out since NDA does not apply in EU and performance wise new Intel CPU ~ to Broadwell-E. This new platform is a joke.

DaFees

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
A couple of weeks ago EVGA announced their three offerings. Just wanted to point this out since it wasn't directly mentioned in the article only indirectly hinted at. https://www.evga.com/articles/01114/evga-x299-series-motherboards/

adobepro

Commendable
May 3, 2017
Was a fan of Gigabyte until their boards moved over to manufacturing in China instead of Taiwan. My next build wont be exclusively Gigabyte like it was on all my past builds, I'll consider others now (since probably all have moved to China, except Asus, everything from Asus I've ever bought died within two years, wouldn't by from them no matter where they make it.) My SB i7 2600 lives on....

Yeah Im eyeballing that micro ATX board from evga. I have been disappointed by the micro ATX Ryzen boards.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015

Never had HW from Gigabyte but I have 13 years old Amd 64 PCs with MSI and Asus MBs and they both are still working... I'm pretty sure my next MB will be a SuperMicro : they don't feature all the gamer gadgets like the consumer ones and they mainly lack the integrated audio but they have solid reliability. The integrated audio is hardly missing since I use high end external USB sound cards which I also share with my laptops. With SuperMicro you won't get neither the integrated water cooling parts as you have on some consumer MBs but that won't prevent one from installing its custom water cooling solution. In exchange you'll get a wide range of cool pro 'gadgets' like integrated SAS3 controller, single and even dual 10 Gbps ethernet, remote management with IPMI 2.0 and so on. And as a bonus, they don't suffer from the LED mania !

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
These ones are for starters. The hardcore ones with integrated water cooling, 10 Gbps ethernet, Creative Labs audio, Thunderbolt 3 without add-in card, etc. will come (hopefully) later.

These games all use more than 4 cores. As a gamer if you played these I would just snag a Ryzen 1700 and be done with it.

Ashes of the singularity
Battlefield 1 (64 player maps especially)
Cities skylines
GTA 5
Witcher 3

Status
Not open for further replies.