[SOLVED] Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Ti (Waterforce) - RGB connector?

derchiller0815

Commendable
Jan 6, 2020
Hey all,

since the Gigabyte Aorus software reliably causes BSOD in my system every time I try to install it, I was wondering if it's possible to change the LEDs on the graphics card via connection them to the mainboard directly.
Unfortunately the connectors are a bit strange, they are not regular RGB connectors, they are quite a little bit little smaller than the RGB pins on the motherboard.

I've added a comparison image of the mini adapter (left) and a regular MoBo connector (right).
FIy1hZA.jpg

Is there an adapter for these kinds of RGB lights and if so, would I be able to control them via the mainboard software (MSI, Mystic RGB)?

Cheers!

Solution
I would advise against jerry-rigging the connectors to make them work. Also, no there isn't an adapter for that connector and the pin outs will not be the same, since Gigabyte has been known to have a different standard when it comes to RGB lighting as opposed to other board makers.

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise against jerry-rigging the connectors to make them work. Also, no there isn't an adapter for that connector and the pin outs will not be the same, since Gigabyte has been known to have a different standard when it comes to RGB lighting as opposed to other board makers.

Solution