Question Gigabyte Aorus 3080 M - power leds keep blinking

Dec 4, 2020
Hi,

I recently installed this new GPU but the two white PCI-connector leds keep blinking (harshly and fast, like a strobe light)
According to online research this indicates a problem with the power delivery but I have a brand new Corsair HX750i.

Under max load the entire system draws about 450W and the gaming/synthetic benchmarks peform exactly as expected.

I already did the following:
  • Swapped cables
  • Different connector ports on PSU
  • GPU Bios update
  • GPU firmware update
  • GPU driver update
  • NVIDIA driver update

Other Specs:
  • CPU: i7 9700F
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro

Anybody has an idea to solve this? Since I have a glass panel it's really distracting.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps see if you can source a donor PSU (that's reliably built) like that of Seasonic or another Corsair unit but with 850W of power for the entire system's disposal and see if the problem persists.

Dec 4, 2020
Good idea!

I've discussed it with a friend and I'm going to plug the GPU in his PC, he has the 850W variant of my PSU.
However I wonder, can the GPU detect the wattage of the PSU?

My PSU output (according to Corsair iCUE) is 110W in idle and 450w in load; so I can't imagine there to be a power shortage?

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Well I've tried putting it in a friends PC, who has a better PSU, but same problem :/
Someone has an idea?
Any updates on this? I have the same problem with the Aorus 3060ti Master. Mine is a slower flashing of the power indicator light on the right. Am I missing something or have I misdiagnosed the meaning of the flashing lights? I read on other threads it could be a software issue. I hope they're right. Best solution is to request RMA. My only issue with RMA- is Gigagbyte capable of replacing this if it is defective? There is a shortage of GPUs. I would like to solve this issue without tinkering or sending this back to Gigabyte. What a hassle. If anyone has found something for this issue, please share. Many thanks.