Question Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite vs Asus ROG Strix B450-F

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm overhauling my rig later this year and I've settled on a Ryzen 5 3600 for my CPU of choice, now I'm trying to decide upon which motherboard to pair with it. As the title suggests I've currently got my eye on the Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite and the Asus ROG Strix B450-F.

I'm admittedly biased towards Asus boards as I've owned several of them and never had an issue, as well as using Asus boards in a few other builds for friends and family with the same result. I'm currently using an Asus Sabertooth 990FX that I've had running solid for the last 6 years without issue, though I believe the audio circuitry is packing in now but for a 6 year old board I'm not too fussed.

Currently I can pick up the Asus board for ~£120 and the Gigabyte for ~£90, and while the £30 odd difference may not seem like much it would be ideal to save the extra cash and put it towards, say, some better memory if I can. And so, I'm wondering what your thoughts are with regards to the two?

I do plan on OC'ing and I have heard that the Aorus has a somewhat lackluster BIOS in this regard, however having not been face to face with one I'm taking what I've read with a pinch of salt. What would you guys suggest? Is spending the extra 30 quid on the Asus board going to work in my favour, or would the Aorus be ample?

Cheers in advance for any replies!

ASK THE COMMUNITY