[SOLVED] Gigabyte Aorus B450 PRO won't post - damaged beads?

VLcKo23

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
Hello, so I have built this PC about 10 months ago, I had the same board and it was working for 3 days, and there was red constant light at CPU and alternating to dram light with a short blink. Now it's doing the same thing after 10 months (the replaced board, which was a new one). GPU lights and fans are on, CPU fan spins and RGB is on, case fans spinning but MOBO lights are OFF.

I dont have an external speaker and I'm going to RMA it and buy a new one, I'm just wondering about this one part of it. First I disassembled it and looked at the board with naked eye and noticed some weird area near the soundcard (or amplifier), or whatever it is. Then I've looked at it with my camera + lens with macro adapter and it looks like some liquid was there... But there couldnt be. The PC is covered on top, and right on top of this area, there sits the GPU.

Specs:
fractal design meshify
MSi RTX 2070
Gigabyte Aorus B450 pro
Ryzen 7 2700x not overlocked + wraith cooler
2 HDD's one is n old samsung drive 500g, the other is newer WD blue 2TB
2 SSD while one is old kingston 120gb and other is new samsung EVO 860
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 gold +
Hyperx CL13 Predator 2666 MHz DDR4 32gb kit

Here are the pictures:

these two beads that seem to be ok (just for reference)
mimz.png
WQAq.png

and now the part that seems broken to me, but im not really sure, nor am i an expert:
xhTt.png

zqNF.png

Thanks for any help.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Could also just be residue from the soldering process.
Given that Gigabyte usually makes physical separation between the audio circuitry and rest of the board any damage in this area shouldn't result in a "catastrophic" failure but merely an audio problem.

Reactions: VLcKo23

VLcKo23

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
Thanks for your tips. It's the second board and symptoms are same as before, but I'm not sure what could be causing this problem, the previous board lasted for 3 days, this one for 10 months. I'm wondering if any other component could be the cause of this, but i dont have anything to test this with. Last time I had a freind try it with other ryzen CPU which was proven to be functional and the board did the same thing, fans spin lights up, except lights on board.

But one odd thing is, I use CoreTemp to watch my temeperatures all the time. Sometimes on startup it would say that 2 cores are 90°C and rest are 27 - 35°C. When I reset the program, all cores are the same temperature. I find it hard to believe that 2 cores would be 90 °C while the rest are at normal temperatures. The previous failed board was doing the same thing. Thermal paste was intact and spread evenly under the cooler both times.

Maybe just bad luck with both boards?

TRENDING THREADS