Question Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX Z790 Onboard Sound Issues (Realtek)

andymcj

Honorable
Oct 4, 2017
Hi, I have an issue with my new motherboard, I just updated the BIOS from version F2 to F3 and now my Audio connected to my speakers is jacked up, I get broken sound, so I hear the audio but with lots of quiet pauses. However, when the sound output is changed to the HDMI or Display Port Monitor, the sound is perfectly fine. When I use a headset (Razer BlackShark USB to 3.5mm Jack Dongle) the sound is excellent. It is only when I get the sound via the rear audio port on the motherboard. (Windows 11 Pro 22621.1344) Intel 13700k CPU on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX Z790 V1.0 board running F3 BIOS. Any ideas welcome.

Lutfij

Titan
Flash BIOS to the next one above, F4d;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z790-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
and see if the issue persists.

I'd also try and clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then replace the battery after 30 minutes. See if that helps. Furthermore, I'd try and reinstall the audio drivers sourced off the motherboard's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Latest posts