Question Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P monitor won't turn on anymore

Tyler799

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
When I try to turn it on, the LED stays unlit, and the panel does not turn on.

This started after I un-plugged a few things to install some new audio equipment, and then hooked it all back up again.

I've tried:

• Different outlets in my house that are tested and work
  • Different power cables
  • Connecting to different devices (with HDMI and DP) or none at all
  • Leaving the monitor unplugged from power overnight
  • Holding the power button for 15 seconds while it is unplugged, and again when plugged in
Nothing I do works.

It seems like when plugged in, Windows and the SideKick software seem to recognize it. Windows will say there are 2 monitors if I hook it up to a laptop, and the sidekick will show something, but most options are greyed out and it claims the firmware is version 00.

I've made an eSupport ticket (assuming that is the best way to handle it) but I think they must only do weekdays since I haven't heard from them since I left the ticket yesterday.

EDIT: It has now been 1 business week, and they have not even replied once. Very frustrated with Gigabyte. I didn't expect to have my monitor fixed by now, but I at least expected to be on the way to shipping it out to them for repairs.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I think they must only do weekdays
That would be correct!

I think your power button might be compromised or that the power unit in the display panel might've given up. Are you connecting the panel to a laptop or a desktop? If the former, are you working with a dock/hub? have you tried swapping cables with another panel? To rule out the power source in your house as faulty, perhaps try and power the panel off a system in your neighbor or friends house?

Tyler799

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
I think they must only do weekdays
That would be correct!

I think your power button might be compromised or that the power unit in the display panel might've given up. Are you connecting the panel to a laptop or a desktop? If the former, are you working with a dock/hub? have you tried swapping cables with another panel? To rule out the power source in your house as faulty, perhaps try and power the panel off a system in your neighbor or friends house?

• I have tried connecting to 2 different laptops and my desktop
  • No, I am not using a dock in either scenario
  • Yes, I have tried swapping the cables. But again, the issue is that it just won't turn on in the first place, not just not being detected or being blank. If it just weren't connected properly, I would get a "no signal" text in orange and the LED would stay lit.
  • I'm pretty sure it's not my outlets. I tried 3 separate outlets, all of which work for anything else. I also have a mountain of equipment in this place that all works fine. (TV, A/V equipment, small appliances, etc, etc)