Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Board with NZXT Case & USB Issue

hypervizor

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
I've just put together a new system that has a Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z27OX-Gaming-K5 motherboard inside an NZXT Phantom 410 case.

I have an issue with the front panel USB ports. There are four ports in total. Two are USB2 and two are USB3. Only one of the USB2 ports work and only one of the USB3 ports work. All of the several USB/USB2/USB3/USB3c ports on the mother board work fine.

I've heard that some motherboards have a limitation on how many of the USB can be used at the same time? I can't see any issues with connections as the USB3 ones go straight into the motherboard and one works and it's the same cable. Same goes for the USB2 as this goes straight into the USB2 header on the mobo.

Any ideas?

Solution
Each motherboard USB header supports two ports. If only half work it is usually caused by the installer inserting the cable into the header carelessly and distorted in a way that is regarded as inaccurate. You might want to invest in a magnifying glass to check your work.
Each motherboard USB header supports two ports. If only half work it is usually caused by the installer inserting the cable into the header carelessly and distorted in a way that is regarded as inaccurate. You might want to invest in a magnifying glass to check your work.

Solution