Question Gigabyte aorus h470 pro AX red VGA light no post

nicklaus321

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
UPDTATE: Just replicated the issue without the GPU in the slot and using the onboard CPU graphics.

Hey guys. I’ve had this issue with my PC since I got it.

every 1-5 boots, there will be no display and IO USB port power.

a red light on the motherboard is lighting up VGA.

I have swapped the GPU and it’s the same thing.

I even took it to a computer shop to diagnose the issue and they said it never happened for them. (Yeah right).

I have reseated the RAM, GPU and PSU cable countless times.

Have reset the whole PC, updated BIOS. I can’t think of anything else.

help would be greatly appreciated.

PC is about 6 months old.

CPU: i9-10900K
CPU cooler: Silverstone PF-360 liquid cooler
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 550 (swapped from RTX 2080 Super)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus H470 Pro AX
RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance Pro
PSU: silverstone strider plus bronze 750w modular
Storage: 2x m.2 in raid 0, 1TB 2.5” SSD, 6TB 3.5” HDD.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Considering that this is a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs, in full.

Often times, the issue can be a faulty PSU or a faulty motherboard. How old is the PC in question? One other thing to note, is if you've swapped out or in parts, include them in the specs. You might think that the repair shop might be lying but often times they tend to have a better power delivery(wall socket) than most people in houses. If you have a grounding issue, then that can also play a part in your system's rather random behavior.

Reactions: nicklaus321

nicklaus321

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Considering that this is a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs, in full.

Often times, the issue can be a faulty PSU or a faulty motherboard. How old is the PC in question? One other thing to note, is if you've swapped out or in parts, include them in the specs. You might think that the repair shop might be lying but often times they tend to have a better power delivery(wall socket) than most people in houses. If you have a grounding issue, then that can also play a part in your system's rather random behavior.

Hi. I updated thread with specs and the swap at the bottom.

My last PC I had didn’t have this issue. We have multiple gaming PCs in the house without issues too.

Jan 20, 2021
UPDTATE: Just replicated the issue without the GPU in the slot and using the onboard CPU graphics.

Hey guys. I’ve had this issue with my PC since I got it.

every 1-5 boots, there will be no display and IO USB port power.

a red light on the motherboard is lighting up VGA.

I have swapped the GPU and it’s the same thing.

I even took it to a computer shop to diagnose the issue and they said it never happened for them. (Yeah right).

I have reseated the RAM, GPU and PSU cable countless times.

Have reset the whole PC, updated BIOS. I can’t think of anything else.

help would be greatly appreciated.

PC is about 6 months old.

CPU: i9-10900K
CPU cooler: Silverstone PF-360 liquid cooler
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 550 (swapped from RTX 2080 Super)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus H470 Pro AX
RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance Pro
PSU: silverstone strider plus bronze 750w modular
Storage: 2x m.2 in raid 0, 1TB 2.5” SSD, 6TB 3.5” HDD.

Hi Nicklaus

im having the exact same issue. Using the exact same motherboard
first one figured it was a out of box failure so i returned it and bought same motherboard model 2 weeks later.
new board same issue. have tried multiple gpus even tried qflashing it to no avail. I honestly think there must be a bad batch of these going around. Did yours ever boot ? both mine did not post to bios. sent the second one back. I have a few other aorus boards with no issues. if you find a fix or can troubleshoot the cause id be very interested to know as this caused me so much frustration.

regards