Question Gigabyte aorus pro wifi z390 constant beep under GPU Load

Oct 5, 2022
I have a aorus pro wifi z390 with a radeon 6900xt, i9-9900k, and a 850W power supply. When I play games that causes high GPU utlization or watt draw (from the radeon overlay) I get a constant long beep from the mother board. It doesnt stop until the wattage or the utlization drops. I can make the beep go away by alt tabbing to the desk top, pulling the games menu up, or even looking at the sky in a 3d game (not a lot of polygons in the sky)

I have checked everthing in the BIOS i can think of. All the fan alarming is off. The various voltage settings are at auto / default.

The temps are all good. the GPU/ CPU / Motherboard never get hot enough to worry about.

I'm totally perplexed.

Please help!

Are you sure it's actually a beep and not coil whine? Coil whine is a noise produced under electrical load.
Have you removed the side panel and inspected closely during the noise to try and pinpoint it? I'd wager it's coming from the 6900-XT.

Oct 5, 2022
Are you sure it's actually a beep and not coil whine? Coil whine is a noise produced under electrical load.
Have you removed the side panel and inspected closely during the noise to try and pinpoint it? I'd wager it's coming from the 6900-XT.

Thanks for the reply, my old vega 64 had coil whine. This is a piezoelectric buzzer on the mobo. The same sound that beeps when the mobo boots, or when there is a temp or fan alarm, execpt this isnt a .5s beep, its a constant alarm until the load drops.