Question Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080Ti "No Signal Detected"

Feb 13, 2022
Hello,
I upgraded my PC this past 2 weeks from a 2060 Super, to a 3080Ti here's my current specs:

CPU: Intel i9-9900k
RAM: 2x16GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MASTER 12GB
PSU: Corsair RM850, RM Series, 80 Plus Gold Certified, 850 W Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 802.11 AC Wi-Fi Motherboard, Black

My issue is that my monitor randomly black screened and display no signal, I was able to hear audio still for a brief moment and then nothing, so I'd try to restart my PC and once I turn it on nothing displays at all, just stays black screen, yet my fans are still spinning and everything is still working as usual but nothing displays at all, I then put my old GPU (2060 Super) back in my motherboard and everything displays fine. So I then decided to try and put the 3080 into the second GPU slot and it finally decided to display everything, so I thought that maybe it was something to do with the first GPU slot to have some form of dust so I used a compressed air can to clean it out, to then put the 3080Ti back in that one, everything started to work fine as it was when I first got it 2 weeks ago. I was just chilling playing games and then it done it again, I use MSI Afterburner and have been for the past week checking my temps on the graphics card and I mainly see it go between 40-70 at most depending on the game I am playing, I hardly see it go any higher than that. At most I see it around 50, I was wondering if anyone can help me out here, I have the 3080Ti on finance currently so I am not really sure if I can get it return and receive a new one or not.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you in advanced.

Feb 13, 2022
Ok so go to computer management, event viewer, critical errors. What if any errors are reported?
So I decided to order a new PSU, I got a 1200w PSU to ensure that I have more than enough power, and so far it seems to be working like a charm with no problems as of yet, I put it in yesterday and I haven't witnessed any issues as of yet! I guess the GPU wasn't getting enough power? I am not entirely sure.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
So I decided to order a new PSU, I got a 1200w PSU to ensure that I have more than enough power, and so far it seems to be working like a charm with no problems as of yet, I put it in yesterday and I haven't witnessed any issues as of yet! I guess the GPU wasn't getting enough power? I am not entirely sure.
Yes, the PSU is a prime suspect. RM series is known for not being able to handle the transient power spikes of the high end 3000 series while RMx seem to be handling them very well.

Although RM PSUs are very good, they are not good enough for 3000 series.

Feb 13, 2022
Yes, the PSU is a prime suspect. RM series is known for not being able to handle the transient power spikes of the high end 3000 series while RMx seem to be handling them very well.

Although RM PSUs are very good, they are not good enough for 3000 series.
Sadly the card was working for a little and then done the exact same thing again, I even started to monitor the temps of the card with HWmonitor and the temps were still around 40-70 at most if the game was in high demand, so I decided to contact the site I got the card from as I got it on finance to see what they can do, or what they think the problem is, because I searched what the white light is for my Asus Strix Motherboard and apparently it means it's due to the GPU not working. I still have my old GPU and it works fine without a problem whatsoever so I will just go ahead and say that the 3080 is faulty.

TRENDING THREADS