slippyjim

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
1st of 2 questions on OC'ing

I have an
HyperX 3600MHZ 2 * 8GB
Gigabyte Aorus Extreme edition 1080

We obviously want the GPU to be as fast as possible but don't want to spend ages tweaking it to get the absolute best performance, I have installed the Gigabyte Aorus software and set it to OC mode and I got the following when I did a stress test
https://imgur.com/LYQRVwJ

Is that OK or can I expect more? If so what sort of manual OC numbers should I start with?

Thanks

Solution
For the GTX 1080, MSI afterburner is probably the best way to overclock the GPU...Its quiet easy as well but saying that, you have done well with the overclock at the max 2050 for the core...It tops out at about 2100 if you are lucky. Again for the Memory with 5200, not too bad at all and you could probably get to 5250 or a bit more...
For the GTX 1080, MSI afterburner is probably the best way to overclock the GPU...Its quiet easy as well but saying that, you have done well with the overclock at the max 2050 for the core...It tops out at about 2100 if you are lucky. Again for the Memory with 5200, not too bad at all and you could probably get to 5250 or a bit more...

Solution