Gigabyte Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming- USB 3.1 problems

May 4, 2018
I've just done a new build and keep having issues with "d" ports on the back of the board.
usbback.png

I initially had anker 7+3 smart charge hub connected there and it worked for a bit but then stopped working. I replugged it to blue 3.0 port and it works fine now, however, my "d" ports completely stopped working. Device manager shows the following:

usb3_device.png

No conflicts- but maybe I'm missing a controller( Realtek?). I've downloaded/installed latest asmedia 2 drivers from gigabyte website - no change.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.
Thanks!

Solution
Thanks man
I think I figured it out..

It is my APC. backup which is rated for 780watts while psu is seasonic titanium 850. On startup I've started having 5_10sec shutdowns as if pc didn't have enough juice and would shut down and restart in loop before it gets to windows.

I shut it down and connected to regular wall socket. No issues and ports work!

Getting 900watt apc back ups now and will test....

Lutfij

Titan
You may wan to see if your board has any BIOS updates pending. I would also suggest plugging in a thumb drive with an indicator LED to see if your drive gets power, if so then it rules out the Anker hub shorting the USB port(s)/fuse for that 2 port USB block.

May 4, 2018
Thanks man
I think I figured it out..

It is my APC. backup which is rated for 780watts while psu is seasonic titanium 850. On startup I've started having 5_10sec shutdowns as if pc didn't have enough juice and would shut down and restart in loop before it gets to windows.

I shut it down and connected to regular wall socket. No issues and ports work!

Getting 900watt apc back ups now and will test....

Solution