Gigabyte aorus x470 ram probleme at boot

Sep 23, 2018
I have a ram problem with my motherboard which is a gigabyte aorus x470 ultra gaming.

When I bought the motherboard, I overclock the ram to 3200 mhz and it worked without any problem. A few days later, he refused to start.

After a few tests, I found that the problem comes from the ram.
My pc starts normally when the ram is not overclock.
When I overclock the ram to 3200 mhz in the bios, apply the changes and restart the pc, it starts without problems.
Nevertheless, when I turn it off and turn it on a few moments later, it refuses to start. I have to reset the bios to start.

So if I turn off the pc it will not start when I turn it on. Restarting does not cause a problem.

I did not find a solution. For now I do not turn off my pc to not lose my overclock every startup, I put hibernation.

I updated the chipset and the bios, retrograded to the previous version, nothing changes.

Ram reference: Ballistix Elite DDR4 4GB 3200MHz CAS 16 SR BLE4G4D32AEEA
Processor: Ryzen 5 2400g

Thank you.

Solution
No, the CPU doesn't reqlly affect the RAM, this is definitely a motherboard-RAM issue.

I had a similar experience where I would get crashes if I use any speed above 2666Mhz which wad the maximum non-overclocked spped that my motherboard supported.

I am confident that this is a compatibility issue. In order to be sure, set it to 2400Mhz or 2666Mhz (you will find this info on motherboard's spec sheet ok official website) and see if it works.

If that fails, try running at 2133Mhz and 1.2v
RAM needs to be set to 1.35v when overclocked. Have you done that?

Also it could be a compatibility issue, check your motherboard QVL list and see if your RAM is listed on there. I've had a similar issue where it worked fine for a week but after that, it would only work at 2400Mhz so I had to resell my RAM and buy a new one.

Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

Yes its 1.35v.

The ram is not on the QVL, however it works except at boot.
It works at 2133 mhz but not when I overclock it. I have to reconfigure the bios every time.

Sep 23, 2018

Hi Calvin,

Do you mean that it may works at 3200 if i overclock the cpu ?

No, the CPU doesn't reqlly affect the RAM, this is definitely a motherboard-RAM issue.

I had a similar experience where I would get crashes if I use any speed above 2666Mhz which wad the maximum non-overclocked spped that my motherboard supported.

I am confident that this is a compatibility issue. In order to be sure, set it to 2400Mhz or 2666Mhz (you will find this info on motherboard's spec sheet ok official website) and see if it works.

If that fails, try running at 2133Mhz and 1.2v

Solution
Dec 30, 2018
Hello!
I have the SAME problem.
Already open a ticket at eSuport Gigabyte website.
and my memory are at motherboard QVL list

My system:
Ryzen5 2400G
X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10
G.Skill FlareX F4-3200-c14D-16GFX