Question Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming Motherboard. Clock out of Sync. Tried everything.

Sep 21, 2021
Hello, need some help, Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming Motherboard

The clock is always out of sync when the pc is off. Suppose, i turn off my pc at 12.30 AM and later at 8.30 AM when i fire it up, the clock is at 3.30 AM.

No other bios settings are affected, only the clock.

Checked windows time zone settings, daylight savings, auto clock sync etc, all in order.

Replaced the CMOS battery, still the issue is there.

I am on the latest bios F62b.

The board is still under warranty, should i get it checked or is there anything i can do to fix this issue on my own, like any bios settings etc ?

Hello, need some help, Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming Motherboard

The clock is always out of sync when the pc is off. Suppose, i turn off my pc at 12.30 AM and later at 8.30 AM when i fire it up, the clock is at 3.30 AM.

No other bios settings are affected, only the clock.

Checked windows time zone settings, daylight savings, auto clock sync etc, all in order.

Replaced the CMOS battery, still the issue is there.

I am on the latest bios F62b.

The board is still under warranty, should i get it checked or is there anything i can do to fix this issue on my own, like any bios settings etc ?
tried to manually do your timezone? then will it sync with bios?

Sep 21, 2021
Yes, i did all that. The clock slows down. If i turn my pc off at 12:30 PM, turn it back on at 11:30 PM and the clock is at 3:30 PM. Manual Sync is also not working.

If you open up the Task Scheduler, what entries are there for Time Synchronization and what are the listed Triggers? Did you try editing one of the entries so that the Trigger is "at log on of any user"? Also, under the Settings Date and time screen, is the time server entered as "time.windows.com"?

Sep 21, 2021
If you open up the Task Scheduler, what entries are there for Time Synchronization and what are the listed Triggers? Did you try editing one of the entries so that the Trigger is "at log on of any user"? Also, under the Settings Date and time screen, is the time server entered as "time.windows.com"?
There are 2 entries, ForceSynchronizeTime and SynchronizeTime. I changed the SynchronizeTime to trigger at System Startup now. Before nothing was specified. For the ForceSynchronizeTime, the trigger is Custom Trigger, but last run time is 6/8/21.

Sep 21, 2021
So if you boot up now, does the correct time show on the windows screen? Basically in current computers, the time as stored in the motherboard cmos is irrelevant as long as windows can reach the time server and sync up when you logon.
Yes but it doesn't fix the bios issue :(