[SOLVED] Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro - No POST

May 24, 2021
Hello,

I need some help with my new motherboard. I've already tried the solutions others have suggested on similar threads with no luck so far.

System specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
PSU: Corsair RM1000i
Storage: WD SN850 1TB/WD SN850 500 GB/2 x Samsung 860 500 GB/Seagate Hybrid SSD 1 TB

I've put together the above system using new components (mobo, CPU and the M.2 drives) and stuff from my old PC (the other bits I've listed). Everything worked fine at first: installed Windows onto the larger M.2 drive, plugged in all my other drives, when I noticed that the SSD I was previously using as my boot drive didn't show up in Windows (my guess is because I still had all my old stuff on it and it also had the letter C assigned to it). I went into BIOS to check if it showed up there, and while in there, I've changed some settings. I don't remember EXACTLY what I've changed, but I think I've messed around with the order of the boot drives and some CPU cooler fan settings.

The problems started after I've hit Save and Reboot. Nothing happens anymore when I turn my PC on. I just get a blank screen. It doesn't show the AORUS welcome screen, I can't get into BIOS, and it won't boot up either.

I've tried clearing the CMOS, taking the battery out, disconnecting all drives, disconnecting all drives but the new boot drive, different GPU, only one stick of RAM, different sticks of RAM, flashing the latest BIOS with the QFLASH port (done it twice, with CPU/GPU/RAM plugged in and unplugged), powering the system on while holding DEL, basically everything I have read on other forum posts and still nothing.

Behaviour of the PC when I turn it on: the fans start spinning, the orange LED turns on, the status LEDs for VGA and DRAM cycle between them a couple of times then turn off, and if I have a bootable flash drive in, all status LEDs turn off, but if I don't have a bootable flash drive plugged in, then the BOOT status LED stays on. The screen backlight cycles a couple of times, then it stays on. It's almost like there is a problem with the GPU, but the VGA status LED turns off, which according to the manual should indicate that there is no problem with it, and I've also tried another GPU and there's still no joy. I've also tried different cables (Display Port and HDMI) - still nothing.

Another issue is that I don't think the CMOS is being cleared: the fans are spinning at the lower speed I had set them at, so clearly the BIOS settings aren't being reset. When I initially tried clearing the CMOS, I thought I was supposed to remove the grey bits at the bottom of the pins (I was confused by the illustrations in the manual showing two different 'positions' for the jumper, so I thought I was supposed to take it out), but I don't know if I've pulled hard enough on it to damage anything.

What else should I try? Any help appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Andrei

Solution
Hello,

I need some help with my new motherboard. I've already tried the solutions others have suggested on similar threads with no luck so far.

System specs:

Storage: WD SN850 1TB/WD SN850 500 GB/2 x Samsung 860 500 GB/Seagate Hybrid SSD 1 TB

I've put together the above system using new components (mobo, CPU and the M.2 drives) and stuff from my old PC (the other bits I've listed). ....
First...since you've changed motherboard as well as CPU you're almost certainly better off doing a clean install of Windows. But even if a problem, it shouldn't prevent you POSTing...
Hello,

System specs:

I've put together the above system using new components (mobo, CPU and the M.2 drives) and stuff from my old PC (the other bits I've listed). ....
First...since you've changed motherboard as well as CPU you're almost certainly better off doing a clean install of Windows. But even if a problem, it shouldn't prevent you POSTing into BIOS.

Does your motherboard have a BIOS that works with Ryzen 5000 CPU's? Many x570 boards were made before 5000 series cam out so it may not have a BIOS that recognizes it. You might have to update to one first.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
May 24, 2021
First...since you've changed motherboard as well as CPU you're almost certainly better off doing a clean install of Windows. But even if a problem, it shouldn't prevent you POSTing into BIOS.

Does your motherboard have a BIOS that works with Ryzen 5000 CPU's? Many x570 boards were made before 5000 series cam out so it may not have a BIOS that recognizes it. You might have to update to one first.

The system worked fine at first. I did a clean install of Windows on the new M.2 drive. Everything worked fine until I went into BIOS and changed the settings which I don't remember now. I was able to go into BIOS before installing Windows too, so I'm sure it was one of the settings I have changed the last time that caused this.

It's all moot at this point though, since Gigabyte have advised me that they cannot help me anymore via email so I need to send the board back to the retailer.

May 24, 2021
It turns out that there was nothing wrong with the motherboard. The monitor I was using died suddenly. It didn't occur to me that could be the case because it was a new monitor. I 'figured' it out when I connected it to another PC and there was still no image.