Gigabyte Aorus X7 DT v7 Gaming Laptop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Tom's has had positive things to say about Gigabyte gaming laptops in the past. This one looks solid and gets an Editor's Recommendation award.

I keep seeing reviews for exotic configurations with twin 1080's or a desktop class processor. I'm glad that Gigabyte took a down-to-earth approach and just built a high end laptop without any SURPIRSE! plot twists to it.

The price is comes in at $2900. That's more than I would pay for a laptop (I would be hesitant to pay half that), but it's still very competitive with it's competition. If I weren't a wandering gypsy and were making more than $10 a palm reading, this laptop would be on my short list.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Boy, that's a lot of money. I just don't see why someone would pay double what an equivalent PC would cost just so they could... what, occasionally play at the dinner table? It's just so much money to pay for portability, when I bet a lot of users could get along just fine with a small MiniITX build for half the cost and equal or greater performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.