Question GIGABYTE Aorus Z590 Ethernet Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2022
Hello all,

I am having the weirdest issue and could use some guidance. Please and thank you in advance!

Long story short, I have internet access but my connections to secure servers/websites fail. It appears like an authentication issue. This problem only occurs when accessing the internet via the ethernet network adapter. The problem disappears when I disable the network adapter and use Wi-Fi.

When the network adapter is enabled, I can access most websites (including my bank's website). However, I cannot actually login. Desktop applications, such as Blizzard Battle.net or Valorant connect to their servers. I can download the game. I cannot login.

I have attempted the following:
  • Try win commands (ipconfig /flushdns and /renew, and netsh winsock reset)
  • Update all mobo drivers. Including newest network adapter from Marvell (AQC107)
  • Reinstalled windows and then updated all drivers.
Edit: I attempted to re-register the dll files (as shown here) but got an error code (the module "wintrust.dll" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterSever failed)

My setup:
  • Windows 11 Pro
  • GIGABYTE Z590 Master LGA 1200 Z590 (Rev 1.0)
  • GIGABYTE Aorus GeForce RTX 3080
  • Intel Core i9-11900K
  • SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
  • CORSAIR Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8) DDR4 DRAM 3200
  • CORSAIR 850W 80+
  • CORSAIRiCUE H150i
Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022
Hello

This may actually be a network issue instead of a motherboard / driver issue. Please advise if I should delete this and start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum.

Jan 31, 2022
Please advise if you have resolved this issue. I am having the SAME exact issue and with a very similar build.
Long story short I upgraded my MOBO and CPU and I did not have any issues while on that build. Went from a Z390 / 9600k to Z590 / 11900k on windows 10 pro.

Samsung 970 NVME (OS) plugged into my CPU M.2
Intel octane Gen 1 plugged into the M2A (I think can’t remember off memory) directly below the top M.2 slot.
3080 EVGA FTW

I sent a help ticket in to Gigabyte and waiting on esupport seems like it will take forever. When I was doing some trouble shooting a YouTube video seemed to point to your M.2 installations but I don’t know how that would affect it.

Jan 16, 2022
Hello,

I have not yet resolved this issue. Confirmed independently that it is neither an issue with my ISP or Win11. My research pointed to it being a issue with the Aquantia AQC107 10gbe ethernet adapter. Others have reported issues with this particular driver. I downloaded the most recent drivers from the Marvell website (newer than what is on Gigabyte's site) and used their firmware update utility. Problem persisted.

Interesting that you say it's an issue with the M.2 installation (could you link those videos for me to peek at?) I realized recently that I may have installed my two M.2 SSDs improperly (installed them directly on the thermal pad instead of on the mount). Reinstalling them properly did not fix the issue.

I did reach out to Gigabyte and they were unhelpful. I do have the ability to RMA it but I don't think I will.. I bought an Anker USB-C to Ethernet for like $20 and it works just fine. Not the outcome I wanted, but it'll suffice.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.