[SOLVED] Gigabyte Aouros b550m?

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Building a new system and i;m really struggling to find a good motherboard which will will perform well when gaming with my ryzen 5800x

The GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE is pretty expensive but is it worth it? should i just get the Gigabyte Aouros b550m?

is it true the 5800x might not work with these because of the bios? i have no idea what im doing or looking for, what should i get?

Solution
At the bottom of the tech sheet is shows form factor

turns out the Pro is Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
Elite is also Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
X570 is ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm

I hadn't noticed the X570 was only ATX motherboard there, it was only stat I didn't look at.

So if you want full size, you have to choose X570.
Its possible the VRM on the X570 is better too.
X570 can track water cooling flow rate, B550 elite can't but Pro can
back panel connectors are different between all 3.
number of internal headers varies, B550 elite seems to have less than other 2.
You can tell B550 Pro costs more then the B550 elite. If i were to choose a B550, I would get the Pro as it is closer to X570 than the other one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gigabyte Aouros b550m?
which one as there are a few 550m Pro or Elite?

Both boards let you flash the bios version without a CPU in them. So that shouldn't be a problem. You use Q flash, put USB with a copy of bios on it in a special port on the back of motherboard and press the Q Flash button. It will tell you in the manual.

Q-Flash Plus update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory and Graphics card

I think main difference is how many PCIe 4 M.2 you can use, B550 supports 1 whereas X570 can do 2. They both can run 2 PCIe 3 m.2

Last edited:

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
which one as there are a few 550m Pro or Elite?

Both boards let you flash the bios version without a CPU in them. So that shouldn't be a problem. You use Q flash, put USB with a copy of bios on it in a special port on the back of motherboard and press the Q Flash button. It will tell you in the manual.

Q-Flash Plus update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory and Graphics card

I think main difference is how many PCIe 4 M.2 you can use, B550 supports 1 whereas X570 can do 2. They both can run 2 PCIe 3 m.2

thank you for the reply. unfortunately im a dumb person and have no idea what any of that means.
for someone who loves to game and run a lot of background applications etc which motherboard would be best for me? i will buy a 3080ti gpu in the future too if that helps.

which one should i get and will be satisfied with? thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which Gigabyte B550M as there is a Pro and Elite version.
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B550M-AORUS-PRO-rev-10#kf

https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/sp#sp

Q Flash Plus will let you update the bios on either board to a version that matches the 5800X

You will probably be fine with the B550 board, I have an X570 Aorus Elite Wi-Fi but when I got PC the B550 wasn't out.

Since I didn't list any differences between the boards apart from m.2 support, they are pretty much the same things.'
Audio on X570 elite is slightly better than B550 elite

Last edited:

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Which Gigabyte B550M as there is a Pro and Elite version.
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B550M-AORUS-PRO-rev-10#kf

https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/sp#sp

Q Flash Plus will let you update the bios on either board to a version that matches the 5800X

You will probably be fine with the B550 board, I have an X570 Aorus Elite Wi-Fi but when I got PC the B550 wasn't out.

Since I didn't list any differences between the boards apart from m.2 support, they are pretty much the same things.'
Audio on X570 elite is slightly better than B550 elite

How do I know if it's a full sized board?

Colif

Win 11 Master
At the bottom of the tech sheet is shows form factor

turns out the Pro is Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
Elite is also Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
X570 is ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm

I hadn't noticed the X570 was only ATX motherboard there, it was only stat I didn't look at.

So if you want full size, you have to choose X570.
Its possible the VRM on the X570 is better too.
X570 can track water cooling flow rate, B550 elite can't but Pro can
back panel connectors are different between all 3.
number of internal headers varies, B550 elite seems to have less than other 2.
You can tell B550 Pro costs more then the B550 elite. If i were to choose a B550, I would get the Pro as it is closer to X570 than the other one.

Solution