Gigabyte App Center Not working correctly on Windows 10 Pro x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

ourselfish

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
New system build was flawless 9th gen Z390. When I use the Gigabyte App Center I get an error. I'm trying to enable RGB lighting on the motherboard, using the app.
"This driver can't release to failure." Was able to update the BIOS, because I was trying out my options, the bios updated fine. Now when I click bios using the app I get this error.

Unable to load DLL 'FBIOS.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
Intel i7 9700k
GTX 1070 Ti
32 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400
Windows 10 Pro x64

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
1. Switch off the Always run on next reboot Setting for Remote OC, Cloud Station Server and Gigabyte Remote

As mentioned, the Cloud Station Server is one component off the Gigabyte App Center that requires onboard Wi-Fi. The Remote OC and Gigabyte Remote are two are components that also need onboard Wi-Fi. Thus, switching those components off can fix the issue. This is how you can switch those App Center components off.

First, open the Gigabyte App Center via the Windows system tray.
Then click the Cloud Station Server tab at the bottom of the app.
Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting for the Cloud Station Server.
Select the OC tab for Remote OC, and switch the Always run on next reboot option off.
Then select the Gigabyte Remote tab, and turn off the Always run on next reboot option.
Restart your System.

2. Reinstall Gigabyte Services Via Command Prompt
Alternatively, reinstalling Gigabyte services might also resolve the issue. To do that, press the Win key + X hotkey.

Then select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Prompt.
Input ‘sc delete gdrv’ in the Prompt, and press the Return key.

Enter ‘sc create gdrv binPath= “C:\Windows\gdrv.sys” type= “kernel” DisplayName= “gdrv”‘ and Return to reinstall the services.

3. Update the App Center
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, update the App Center to ensure that its compatible with the latest platform. You can do that by pressing the GIGABYTE App Center Utility Download button on this page. Then open the installer for the app to add the latest App Center version to Windows.

ourselfish

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Thanks but, I do not have a "Cloud Station" button, I have "Live Update" and "@BIOS" well then there's the settings tab as well, and that is no help either.

I reinstalled and decided not to run the latest version

Can we just work on the "Driver can't release to failure!!" message?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbM_cykB7xY

I do have access to onboard wifi...
also I don't want to just delete the App Center because I need it to run RGB on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS