Gigabyte App Center

CheekBoys

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
Hi, I just found Gigabyte App Center and I have a few things that it says I haven't installed listed as "updates", should I install these programs? The programs are USBblocker, Easytune, Fast Boot, OnOffCharge2, Smart Time Lock, and Smartrecovery2.

Solution
Hey,

this sounds a bit like you are using a laptop.

Laptops are infamous for coming with loads and loads of pre-installed apps that people refer to as "bloatware". The first thing I usually do on a new laptop is to get rid of every single program that was pre-installed and thatI know I'm not going to need/use.

Just by removing the "bloatware" from a laptop you can speed up your loading times so much you won't even believe it.

But back to your question - none of these seem important for me to keep your laptop up and running. And if it's been working fine so far then no need to update those. The only important things to remember and update would be your graphic card drivers, your antivirus program and your operation system when you...

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

this sounds a bit like you are using a laptop.

Laptops are infamous for coming with loads and loads of pre-installed apps that people refer to as "bloatware". The first thing I usually do on a new laptop is to get rid of every single program that was pre-installed and thatI know I'm not going to need/use.

Just by removing the "bloatware" from a laptop you can speed up your loading times so much you won't even believe it.

But back to your question - none of these seem important for me to keep your laptop up and running. And if it's been working fine so far then no need to update those. The only important things to remember and update would be your graphic card drivers, your antivirus program and your operation system when you get prompted to.

Solution