Gigabyte app centre broken

matt1-0-1

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Hello,
I recently built a new pc, and, irritated by the fan noise, decided to download Gigabyte's app centre to control fan speeds (I don't like the bios). But when I was downloading it, my antivirus (AVG pro) thought it was a virus, and stupidly, I selected the 'solve problem' option, which made my pc restart. The setup wouldn't run, it kept coming up with the error message "a later version app centre is already installed on this machine" and then quit the setup. Even after uninstalling the program, deleting the program and files from program files, and removing the start menu entry, it still comes up with the same error message.
I would really appreciated the help, as it will be a real pain trying to use it without the software (the gigabyte bios is crap imo).
Thanks!

erocker2

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Gigabyte app center is crap!

I also had a problem after installing the Gigabyte app center. It caused my Win 7 to BSOD! Total crash 10 sec into loading every bootup! Unable to uninstall in Win safe mode too. Went into Win safe mode and did a manual delete of the hole app center folder. Now my Win works again...

Gigabyte app center is crap!