[SOLVED] Gigabyte AX370 boot failure

Feb 1, 2019
Hello!

I just put together my new PC, everything works fine, except when I try to change CPU clock/voltage to anything from default (Auto) in BIOS, I get a boot failure. Even if I try to underclock. If I set everything back to default the system boots just fine. In Windows with Ryzen Master Control I can overclock with no problems, but that program can't store overclock settings. My mobo is a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5, with a Ryzen 5 2600X CPU.

I could enable XMP in BIOS without any problems, running my RAM at 3200 MHz.

I'm out of ideas what to do about it. Before installing anything, I've updated to the latest BIOS succesfully.

Solution
To anyone wondering, I just solved this issue by flashing an older version of BIOS, that just supports Pinnacle Ridge processors. Namely F20. I used @BIOS for the flashing, then the CMOS clear button on the motherboard. Can play around with voltages/frequencies now! :)
Feb 1, 2019
To anyone wondering, I just solved this issue by flashing an older version of BIOS, that just supports Pinnacle Ridge processors. Namely F20. I used @BIOS for the flashing, then the CMOS clear button on the motherboard. Can play around with voltages/frequencies now! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS