[SOLVED] Gigabyte B250N small part identification

Jul 26, 2019
Hi, can anyone figure out if this is fixable, in the process of shoddily soldering on another part (W1P5n) I managed to touch and melt away another part (the circled mess). I think it was one of the smaller bits (also circled) but I'm not sure.
y8sMzWK.jpg

Solution
It COULD be a resistor. Like I said, I'm not sure. Well, clearly, I can't be sure, since it's burnt to a crisp. LOL. So all of those in a row there might be resistors. But I think it's an impossible task for a home repair.

Don't get me wrong. I'll replace capacitors on motherboards, and tv power boards all day long if I can. But when it gets down to some of the smaller parts, especially on a motherboard where the work is close to other components and is very delicate, it's a hard sell.
Pretty sure those are diodes, but I'm not certain. Probably impossible to identify the exact part needed without having a factory diagram, which you can't get, AND even harder to replace without screwing something else up unless you have the very specialized equipment to do it, as you have already learned.

Jul 26, 2019
I thought that could be the case, It is a pity that I can't see the factory diagram. I was hoping it could just be a resistor (Then I could use the same resistance as the neighboring bit). Thanks for trying to help

It COULD be a resistor. Like I said, I'm not sure. Well, clearly, I can't be sure, since it's burnt to a crisp. LOL. So all of those in a row there might be resistors. But I think it's an impossible task for a home repair.

Don't get me wrong. I'll replace capacitors on motherboards, and tv power boards all day long if I can. But when it gets down to some of the smaller parts, especially on a motherboard where the work is close to other components and is very delicate, it's a hard sell.

Solution