Question Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite Bios

Apr 5, 2019
Hi, THIS IS MY SYSTEM
I have Just built a new system, M/B gigabyte b450 aorus elite, 16gb ballistix, CPU ryzen 5 2600, VGA rog strix vega 64, Game max predator case.PSU850w
I have10 fans connected 4 at front, blowing air in, 2 on top, 2 at back sucking air out, and 2 connected to graphic card.

THIS IS WHAT I DID
Everything was fine, So I thought I would update my bios as it seemed be a lot easier to do than several years ago when I built my last pc.
so I updated from F2 to F5 and everything as gone bonkers, if i'm doing something like typing this letter or browsing ,my temps stay low cpu 31c graphics 28c.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
but as soon as I stop doing anything on pc within 5mins
my cpu temp goes to 55c and GPU upto 65c, and even higher.

I have built umpteen rigs over the years the only difference this time around is I updated my bios.
I'm writing this because Gigabyte are slow to respond.
any advice or tips will be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You have to explain your problem a little bit in more detail. Are you saying that when you stop typing the cpu spikes in temperature? Have you made sure your cpu cooling method of choice is seated correctly with the correct amount of paste and re-checked it to make sure it's aligned properly? Sometimes certain cooling fans have a finicky way of correctly seating itself and that can lead to temperature spikes.

Apr 5, 2019
You have to explain your problem a little bit in more detail. Are you saying that when you stop typing the cpu spikes in temperature? Have you made sure your cpu cooling method of choice is seated correctly with the correct amount of paste and re-checked it to make sure it's aligned properly? Sometimes certain cooling fans have a finicky way of correctly seating itself and that can lead to temperature spikes.
yes everything is connected correctly, I have even reset the bios and run the optimised setting, everything was fine until I updated the bios from F2 to F5