Question Gigabyte B450 aorus elite logo flashing white when power supply is turned on

Nov 16, 2019
An RGB led strip came with my pc, so I included it in my case and everything was working fine until today. However, I decided to move the led strip from the normal place onto the motherboard to the digital led pins. After taking out my wifi card and plugging everything in again, all I get is a flashing Aorus logo on the bottom right of the motherboard when the power supply is switched to on. The power button does not work, only the motherboard shows some sign of life. I tried to unplug everything, including the led strip, and all I get is a flashing white Aorus logo. I would appreciate some help.

If it helps, the led strip is magnetic, and I was handling it near the motherboard. I took all necessary precautions though when it comes to static and such.

(Edit: I tried it again and now the motherboard is lighting up with RGB, but the status led for the CPU is red. Should I try to reinstall it or check the cables?)

Specs:
  • Gigabyte B450 Auros elite motherboard
  • EVGA BQ 600w psu
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • ADATA XPG Z1 16 GB ram (2 sticks)
  • Hard drive and ssd
  • Phanteks Eclipse P400 case

Nov 16, 2019
I now have the LED strip unplugged just to try to get the computer running, but I still only have the lights on the motherboard and the red CPU status LED.

Feb 1, 2020
Have you solved this problem? I have the same issue with a MB aorus 450 elite..just not starting when i press the power button and the aorus logo is flashing

Nov 16, 2019
Have you solved this problem? I have the same issue with a MB aorus 450 elite..just not starting when i press the power button and the aorus logo is flashing
After a day the logo turned a solid color and a red CPU light came on. I ended up just having to replace the motherboard, unfortunately.