Question Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2 / orange glowing light

djdust

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Hi folks, I've just built a new PC that works almost perfectly except I'm having a few teething troubles...

Once it boots up and I log on, the logo on the motherboard immediately starts glowing/pulsing with an orange light and remains like this. I've no idea what's causing it. I did a lot of Googling and, again and again was advised that it's a "power supply" issue. *

I built this machine with a 550W PSU but I just swapped it out with a new 650W PSU instead - and it's made absolutely no difference.

I've removed / reseated the RAM but, again, has made no difference.

I'm stumped, can anyone suggest what else it could be? Here's the full spec of my PC:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2 motherboard
Corsair CV650 PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 4500 CPU
Crucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
WD_BLUE SN570 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 NVMe hard drive
2 x Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 3.5" internal hard drives
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 TI (this is an 8 year old card from my old PC but is perfectly adequate for what I need)
AeroCool Splinter ARGB Mid Tower Case

Hoping so much that someone can advise as I'm at my wits end with this. Total newbie here too so, please forgive me if I've done something really dumb and obvious.. :)

Thanks

* p.s. if it turns out it's normal for these motherboards to do this, I'll feel very silly but at least have learned something...

Last edited:

* p.s. if it turns out it's normal for these motherboards to do this, I'll feel very silly but at least have learned something...
It may be normal to do it but I'm sure it can be turned off. Look for something in BIOS for a way to turn off RGB lighting, possibly labeled something like "RGB Fusion". Another way is simply put black tape over the LED's on the motherboard if you can't find any other way.

A worst case scenario is installing Gigabyte's RGB control panel software, download it from the boards support web page. It's worst case because I've yet to see a motherboard utility provided by it's manufacturer that doesn't come with a host of problems that are never fixed with updates.

djdust

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
It may be normal to do it but I'm sure it can be turned off. Look for something in BIOS for a way to turn off RGB lighting, possibly labeled something like "RGB Fusion". Another way is simply put black tape over the LED's on the motherboard if you can't find any other way.

A worst case scenario is installing Gigabyte's RGB control panel software, download it from the boards support web page. It's worst case because I've yet to see a motherboard utility provided by it's manufacturer that doesn't come with a host of problems that are never fixed with updates.
Is that the RGB Fusion software? Yep, I tried it and have got exactly nowhere and can't get anything to change. Am treating that as a separate issue to solve later though. Just to be clear though, are you saying it *is* normal for this logo on the board to flash orange and is nothing to be worried about? If so, that's great, I won't be needing to switch it off or tape over it.. ;)

... Just to be clear though, are you saying it *is* normal for this logo on the board to flash orange and is nothing to be worried about? ...;)
I can't say it's normal for YOUR board with confidence since I don't have one, but it's normal for an RGB equipped board to do similar with fully defaulted settings. But I can't believe there's no way to disable it with the RGB Fusion software (at least). There are a lot of folk who like to sleep with their system working in the same room and don't like the light show when doing so.

One way to know for sure everything's OK is to do normal diagnostics typical of a new-build. Check the EventViewer to ferret out issues with the OS and run a utility like HWInfo64 to track CPU, VRM and GPU temperatures and voltages. Stuff like that.

djdust

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ok, I've now ascertained that it *is* normal for this light to be there - and I've been able to change the colour of it too using the RGB Fusion software so, all's good with my worries about power problems...

Now, why can't I control any of these other fan lights though, nor get the front bar lit up too....? Will have a play and open another thread if necessary...

... control any of these other fan lights though, nor get the front bar lit up too....
RGB fans are frequently not controllable, it depends on the fan model. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'front bar', it sounds like it might be an RGB feature of the case; you did list an addressable RGB case in your system specs. Look for a case connector that attaches to a compatible addressable RGB header on the motherboard to control that through the RGB Fusion software. That might also provide control of the RGB fans if they're also addressable and connected to the RGB control module in the case.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS