[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite won't POST when 3 pin RGB strip is connected.

Floppydopda

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
I have the Phanteks Eclipse P350x case which has a built in addressable RGB strip. When I connect the 3 pin RGB cable from the case to any of the 2 RGB headers on the board, the motherboard doesn't even POST and the fans only spin for a fraction of a second. When I unplug it, the motherboard POSTs and the computer works fine. I have connected the SATA power from the case RGB to the PSU already. The motherboard has voltage adjustment jumpers for the RGB headers which are already set to 5V according to the case instructions.The case has buttons to adjust RGB but I would like them to be controllable with RGB Fusion through the motherboard.

It seems very strange that a motherboard could be prevented from POSTing just by connecting to an RGB header. Any ideas why this happens?

Full specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Gskill Trident Z RGB 16GB
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
EVGA Supernova G2 550W
Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Reactions: dirkpitt

dirkpitt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the Phanteks Eclipse P350x case which has a built in addressable RGB strip. When I connect the 3 pin RGB cable from the case to any of the 2 RGB headers on the board, the motherboard doesn't even POST and the fans only spin for a fraction of a second. When I unplug it, the motherboard POSTs and the computer works fine. I have connected the SATA power from the case RGB to the PSU already. The motherboard has voltage adjustment jumpers for the RGB headers which are already set to 5V according to the case instructions.The case has buttons to adjust RGB but I would like them to be controllable with RGB Fusion through the motherboard.

It seems very strange that a motherboard could be prevented from POSTing just by connecting to an RGB header. Any ideas why this happens?

We had a system not posting, and only discovered the cause by searching and finding your post. Thanks for sharing the issue!

TRENDING THREADS