Question Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO hdmi port not displaying / GPU not displaying

Jul 27, 2020
System Specs:
Mobo : Ryzen 7 2700x
Hijacked GPU : RTX 2060 super
GPU running linux : GT 710
Linux distro : Monjaro
Windows I'm trying to emulate : Windows 10 64bit

I've been following through this guide, attempting to hijack my GPU through linux, and running windows in a VM for gaming. I've got everything set up correctly and the VM is running, but when I power it on my monitor wakes up, begins searching through the different sources but just receives no display. I've tried running HDMI from the hijacked GPU to the monitor, DP from the hijacked gpu to the monitor and HDMI from the motherboard the HDMI. I have enabled IOMMU and CPU virtualisation, but I think I still can't get display from the motherboard HDMI port, Right?
To clarify, My system runs fine in linux, and my orignal, non-emulated version of windows, It's only not displaying when I try and emulate it hijacking my 2060.

In summary, Does anyone know why the motherboard HDMI port / GPU HDMI & DP isn't displaying, and if so what can I do to make them work correctly. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section or not provided enough info

kanewolf

Titan
System Specs:
Mobo : Ryzen 7 2700x
Hijacked GPU : RTX 2060 super
GPU running linux : GT 710
Linux distro : Monjaro
Windows I'm trying to emulate : Windows 10 64bit

I've been following through this guide, attempting to hijack my GPU through linux, and running windows in a VM for gaming. I've got everything set up correctly and the VM is running, but when I power it on my monitor wakes up, begins searching through the different sources but just receives no display. I've tried running HDMI from the hijacked GPU to the monitor, DP from the hijacked gpu to the monitor and HDMI from the motherboard the HDMI. I have enabled IOMMU and CPU virtualisation, but I think I still can't get display from the motherboard HDMI port, Right?
To clarify, My system runs fine in linux, and my orignal, non-emulated version of windows, It's only not displaying when I try and emulate it hijacking my 2060.

In summary, Does anyone know why the motherboard HDMI port / GPU HDMI & DP isn't displaying, and if so what can I do to make them work correctly. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section or not provided enough info
With a 2700x the motherboard video ports won't do anything. That CPU has no integrated graphics. So your GT710 has to carry the load.

Jul 27, 2020
With a 2700x the motherboard video ports won't do anything. That CPU has no integrated graphics. So your GT710 has to carry the load.
The GT710 is being used to display monjaro, Isn't there a way for my 2060 to run in "plug and play mode" using an HDMI cable? I didn't use the second graphics card when I first built my PC. If not, can you suggest anything else I could do besides from purchasing a third gpu?