Question Gigabyte B450 ds3h - how to connect fans?

Aug 1, 2022
Hey

Recently, I tried to build a cheap gaming pc for a friend. The motherboard is B450 ds3h and the case is Aerocool Hive with 2 front fans and one on the back (all rgb). As shown in the pictures, the reset button connector is connected to GDV cable and I don't know where it goes.
All the fan cables are connected together but the pin does not seem to fit anywhere either.
Is it even possible with this motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
That's not a fan connector, that's an ARGB connector. Your motherboard doesn't have an ARGB header but it does have an RGB header, they are not compatible with each other. You should look into replacing the motherboard with one that has an ARGB header or pick up a ARGB controller.

On second viewing, can you give us another picture of the SATA powered controller that the fans are tethered to?

Aug 1, 2022
That's not a fan connector, that's an ARGB connector. Your motherboard doesn't have an ARGB header but it does have an RGB header, they are not compatible with each other. You should look into replacing the motherboard with one that has an ARGB header or pick up a ARGB controller.

On second viewing, can you give us another picture of the SATA powered controller that the fans are tethered to?
Here are more pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/HjdmK2r

My friend managed to connect the SATA fan cable to one of the PSU cables (picture 3). Will that work?
Also, you mentioned ARGB controller. Does it also come with a SATA header?

Aug 1, 2022
Can you provide an image of the PCB that's tethered to the trailing SATA power connector(not the PSU end, the one that's on the chassis)...? It should be an elongated controller of sorts.
I believe all the chassis cables are in the first three pictures in the first post unless you need a closer look at those. Sorry if I didn't understand the question. I'm still pretty green when it comes to the terminology.