Question Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 No Beep and No Video, Fan works

Aug 4, 2022
I had two computers built last year. Both have the same configuration.

Gigabyte B450 DS5 V2 Micro ATX with integrated graphics.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.7 MHZ processor
Vetroo V5 S2 Cooler
16GB Crucial Ballistix Memory
Kingston SSD 240GB
WDC 4 TB HDD
EVGA 500w power supply

The other day, I decided to upgrade the storage HDD to a larger WDC drive. I used Western Digital's version of Acronic True Image to clone the 4tb to a 6tb WDC drive. I am into photography so I needed a larger storage drive. After successfully cloning the drive, turned off the computer, then disconnected the 6tb drive so I can later mount the drive in the Rosewell micro ATX case. I turned on the computer, no beep, no video. No boot screen, nothing. The fans turn on, I am not able to use the reset button to turn the computer off.

I removed the memory just to see if the mother board beeps, nothing....

I am looking for suggesting how i should trouble shoot this and get this back up and running.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I had two computers built last year. Both have the same configuration.

Gigabyte B450 DS5 V2 Micro ATX with integrated graphics.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 MHZ processor
Vetroo V5 S2 Cooler
16GB Crucial Ballistix Memory
Kingston SSD 240GB
WDC 4 TB HDD
EVGA 500w power supply

The other day, I decided to upgrade the storage HDD to a larger WDC drive. I used Western Digital's version of Acronic True Image to clone the 4tb to a 6tb WDC drive. I am into photography so I needed a larger storage drive. After successfully cloning the drive, turned off the computer, then disconnected the 6tb drive so I can later mount the drive in the Rosewell micro ATX case. I turned on the computer, no beep, no video. No boot screen, nothing. The fans turn on, I am not able to use the reset button to turn the computer off.

I removed the memory just to see if the mother board beeps, nothing....

I am looking for suggesting how i should trouble shoot this and get this back up and running.

Thank you for your help.
So this system was working at one point till you switched the drives and that's it? If this is the case you maybe looking at a hole tear down and rebuild to make sure you didn't knock anything loose because that's the only real advise I have for you unless somehow things got broken during the transplant without you knowing but that would be hard

Aug 4, 2022
Correct, all was working fine before I worked on the hard drive replacement. I thought that the motherboard would give me a beep if something like a loose CPU .

Lev1n

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019
I never took the cpu out. Just thr hard drive when I cloned it.
We are not talking about cpu. We are saying you unplug your gpu card and dint put it back and you said i have 5600x your cpu doesnt have built in gpu. Doesnt matter if your motherboard have dvi-display port or hdmi.

Aug 4, 2022
Should I remove the CPU to see if the pins have been bent? The CPU was sandwiched with the cpu fan so I don't think it moved when I was working in the hard drive

Aug 4, 2022
I have unplug the ram , turned it on, no beeps. Then reseated the ram, no beeps.

SSD was tried on the other computer, no problems. I put the SSD back on the broken system