[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450 Elite Bios Rollback/Downgrade

rcampbell578

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm running an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x on a Gigabyte B450 Elite motherboard. I've got 32Gbs of DDR4 3200Mhz Ballistix Sport LT RAM.

I recently updated my BIOS from F32 to F51. Immediately after, I started having system stability issues mainly with my RAM. With BIOS F32, I was able to run my RAM at 3000Mhz, however, when trying that under the new BIOS version, my system becomes highly unstable. If I run my RAM at anything over 2400Mhz, it fails to post, boot, or becomes unstable within Windows.

My question is this, since BIOS version F32 was the last stable version that worked on my system, is there a safe way to rollback or reflash to version F32? If so, what's the best way to do that?

I know if everything is running correctly, you should leave your BIOS alone, but my RAM wasn't running at the full memory speeds and I'd read that updating my BIOS to the current version could help solve that problem. Unfortunately, I've created an all-new worse problem for myself. I've tried contacting Gigabyte's customer support, but for whatever reason their server is down and keeps timing out whenever I submit my question.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
B450 Elite might have dual Bios. But they have software switch.

F50 is stable for me for a X470 Aorus Gaming.

GBmust have botched F51 since it supposes to bring more memory compatibility.

rcampbell578

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Ok after doing some research, I found that what I had originally tried essentially reset my BIOS. I removed the battery briefly and popped it back in. That reset my BIOS settings and I was able to get my system to post again. The problem I'm still having though, is that the only way I can get my system to post and run stable after the BIOS update is to set my RAM speed at 2400. I'd like to get my speed back to at least 3000 which is what it was running at while running stable before the update.

iuliug

Commendable
Jun 23, 2020
B450 Elite might have dual Bios. But they have software switch.

F50 is stable for me for a X470 Aorus Gaming.

GBmust have botched F51 since it supposes to bring more memory compatibility.

Solution