[SOLVED] GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X can support a 3 fan GPU, or should i stick to a 2 fan one?

Oct 15, 2019
Hello
As my motherboard i have a GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X

Now i want to buy a new GPU, but i dont know if it would be to heavy (a friend said that a 3 fan GPU would be too heavy and could break my PCI port on the motherboard).
So, my choice is between Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE and Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+.

What GPU would recommend, based on weight... i mean, the GPU would stay horizontal (as my MB is vertically) and would be supported by a single screw (the one at the ports of the GPU) and the PCI port itself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
The beefy 3-slot cards are what's heavy, not necessarily all 3-fan models. You break a pcie slot by leaving your gpu connected in the case and transporting it.
There will be a little sag over time, but nothing serious.

If that's not enough security for you, there are anti-sag brackets and other options available.

You're more than welcome to get a 3-fan model if you want. As to whether you want a 2 or 3-slot card... I guess you would feel more at ease with a bracket to support a 3-slot model.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The beefy 3-slot cards are what's heavy, not necessarily all 3-fan models. You break a pcie slot by leaving your gpu connected in the case and transporting it.
There will be a little sag over time, but nothing serious.

If that's not enough security for you, there are anti-sag brackets and other options available.

You're more than welcome to get a 3-fan model if you want. As to whether you want a 2 or 3-slot card... I guess you would feel more at ease with a bracket to support a 3-slot model.

Solution