[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450 M DS3H Bios chip Manufacturer?

Aug 17, 2021
Hello everybody.

I need to update the bios of my motherboard , but it failed during the process, and now it doesn't run.

I want to reflash it with an external writer, but I need to know the reference of the bios chip to know the manufacturer and the model of chip to reflash.
The problem is that in my motherboard, in the top of it, there isn't any reference.

Does anyone the reference of the bios chip that this motherboard has, particularly?.

Thanks in advance for your answers🙂.

Regards

Solution
Hello everybody.

I need to update the bios of my motherboard , but it failed during the process, and now it doesn't run.

I want to reflash it with an external writer, but I need to know the reference of the bios chip to know the manufacturer and the model of chip to reflash.
The problem is that in my motherboard, in the top of it, there isn't any reference.

Does anyone the reference of the bios chip that this motherboard has, particularly?.

Regards
No numbers or symbols at all? It's highly irregular to not have any sort of markings as the mfr. needs to be able to verify correct part and orientation during mfg. It's usually done with a vision system at component placement but also done by...
Hello everybody.

Regards
No numbers or symbols at all? It's highly irregular to not have any sort of markings as the mfr. needs to be able to verify correct part and orientation during mfg. It's usually done with a vision system at component placement but also done by inspectors and machine operators,

The problem is BIOS chips are like a commodity in that the mfr might buy from several sources. Your specific chip, and therefore its maker, can very easily be different from someone else's.

Can you post a high resolution image of the chip? Someone might recognize something about it and offer a clue. It might help to try different angles for lighting to contrast the markings better.

Last edited:
Solution