Question Gigabyte b450i bios update

Oct 11, 2019
I have a gigabyte b450i AORUS pro WiFi and a Ryzen 5 3600 cpu. I understand that I have to update the bios to f40 or later and also run the EC FW update tool before. I did all the updates with an r3 1200. Once I got to f40 I switch CPUs and I get nothing. Switch back to the 1200 and everything works fine. Updated to the newest bios and still nothing. I then thought that maybe I had a bad cpu but I tried it in another mobo and it works fine. I also cleared cmos.

Update: Only works if you have one dimm in...

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
Did you read the notes, regarding F40? Make sure those do not apply to you. Also, I would update to a later revision. Initial Ryzen 3000 support bios's tend to not do all that well. AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA you want anyway, due it helping resolve the cpu issues, regarding not hitting max boost clocks.

Oct 11, 2019
Did you read the notes, regarding F40? Make sure those do not apply to you. Also, I would update to a later revision. Initial Ryzen 3000 support bios's tend to not do all that well. AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA you want anyway, due it helping resolve the cpu issues, regarding not hitting max boost clocks.

The notes say to use the EC FW tool. outside of that I have done everything else on the notes. I also have the newest bios available.

TRENDING THREADS