[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450M DS3H 64g Ram choice

Euronymus

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
I m thinking about installing 64G Ram on this motherboard but i m not sure which brand... . I ve always used corsair on my other PC's but I was kind of tempted by the GSkill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB, 4x8 in this case... . I mainly use my Pc for gaming, modest coding . I have no intention of overclocking the memory nor the cpu.

Any advice would be appreciated

Solution
It should work as long as you buy them in a kit and as long as the system post I would go into the BIOS and enable AXMP. This will ensure the memory is running at the correct 3000mhz speed which is what you want as AMD Ryzen performs better with fast memory.

WildCard999

Titan
It should work as long as you buy them in a kit and as long as the system post I would go into the BIOS and enable AXMP. This will ensure the memory is running at the correct 3000mhz speed which is what you want as AMD Ryzen performs better with fast memory.

Solution

Euronymus

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Thanks for the fast reply and tip ... When you say buy them in a kit , would this be a 4x8gb kit over 2 kits of 2x8gb? Would that make a difference when its the same model?

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks for the fast reply and tip ... When you say buy them in a kit , would this be a 4x8gb kit over 2 kits of 2x8gb? Would that make a difference when its the same model?
Yes, you want the 4x8gb kit because even if you buy two identical 2x8gb kit there's a small chance they won't work together and may not even boot. All of the sticks in a kit (2 or 4) have been tested to work at the proper speed and to work together (memory can be finicky).

Euronymus

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Yes, you want the 4x8gb kit because even if you buy two identical 2x8gb kit there's a small chance they won't work together and may not even boot. All of the sticks in a kit (2 or 4) have been tested to work at the proper speed and to work together (memory can be finicky).
Thank you...I wouldve never guessed this to be a problem!

WildCard999

Titan
For gaming 16gb (2x8gb) is the best price/performance (3200mhz) at the moment. It's enough to run games plus stuff such as Discord and some websites.

If your editing video then 32gb (2x16gb) is a good option.

Anything above is more on the professional level but it comes down to the budget.

That being said I still know plenty of friends and family who game on 8gb without issues but they don't run much in the background.