Mar 21, 2019
Hi all,

Recently built a new rig, as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600
16gb Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2800C16 Vengeance LPX
Gigabyte B450m DS3h
Geforce 1060ti
256gb Kingston SSD

Since I built the rig, The boot sequence starts, and sometimes it just shuts off with no warning without getting into Windows. This doesn't happen all the time, but what does is I’ve had stop code Memory Management coming up on first boot every time I click on ‘play’ via Blizzards battle.net. On second boot, I then have to restart the PC, and every time my login details are reset, I have to re-authenticate and I have to scan for the WoW folder within battle.net, click play, everything is perfect.

Now I don’t know if this is solely relating to WoW or not, I don’t have anything else installed on the computer so I can’t really test (tho downloading Division 2 atm)

Discord. Twitch, Chrome and my AV open up straight away as windows boots, I can use these apps no problem but as soon as I launch WoW, it happens.

Since I built it, I have reformatted my drive twice, firstly due to troubleshooting a faulty RX 580 which I had originally, secondly due to a virus one of the kids (me) installed, despite two fresh installs, same thing happens.

i ran memtest86 with no errors, same for windows memory diagnostic. I have checked for bad sectors and ran disk checks etc, all fine.

As I didn't get a CD drive, drivers for my chipset are installed first from Gigabyte site, then Nvidia game ready drivers.

I enabled XMP profile 1 in my BIOS settings, this seemed to work ok for a little, but this morning I now get 'stop code attempted to write to readonly memory'

All drivers etc and Windows updates are up to date. I''m fairly confident I installed the right ones.

My only other thoughts are that I've bought incompatible memory as I can't seem to find it on Gigabytes compatibility list. Any ideas?

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

Recently built a new rig, as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600
16gb Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2800C16 Vengeance LPX
Gigabyte B450m DS3h
Geforce 1060ti
256gb Kingston SSD

Since I built the rig, The boot sequence starts, and sometimes it just shuts off with no warning without getting into Windows. This doesn't happen all the time, but what does is I’ve had stop code Memory Management coming up on first boot every time I click on ‘play’ via Blizzards battle.net. On second boot, I then have to restart the PC, and every time my login details are reset, I have to re-authenticate and I have to scan for the WoW folder within battle.net, click play, everything is perfect.

Now I don’t know if this is solely relating to WoW or not, I don’t have anything else installed on the computer so I can’t really test (tho downloading Division 2 atm)

Discord. Twitch, Chrome and my AV open up straight away as windows boots, I can use these apps no problem but as soon as I launch WoW, it happens.

Since I built it, I have reformatted my drive twice, firstly due to troubleshooting a faulty RX 580 which I had originally, secondly due to a virus one of the kids (me) installed, despite two fresh installs, same thing happens.

i ran memtest86 with no errors, same for windows memory diagnostic. I have checked for bad sectors and ran disk checks etc, all fine.

As I didn't get a CD drive, drivers for my chipset are installed first from Gigabyte site, then Nvidia game ready drivers.

I enabled XMP profile 1 in my BIOS settings, this seemed to work ok for a little, but this morning I now get 'stop code attempted to write to readonly memory'

All drivers etc and Windows updates are up to date. I''m fairly confident I installed the right ones.

My only other thoughts are that I've bought incompatible memory as I can't seem to find it on Gigabytes compatibility list. Any ideas?
Well the memory is 100% supported.
What ill recommend is reinstalling Wow and does you face any problem while using windows in safe mode?

Mar 21, 2019
Well the memory is 100% supported.
What ill recommend is reinstalling Wow and does you face any problem while using windows in safe mode?

Thanks for the reply. I have already reinstalled WoW a few times, should have mentioned. Not tried safe mode, I'll try that tonight.

Every time I google, it points towards a driver issue but I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong driver wise, I just use the Radeon auto install thing, and Nvidia game ready driver both I think automatically install everything. Though I've never installed a LAN driver or Audio driver, they seemed to be just automatically installed by windows

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I have already reinstalled WoW a few times, should have mentioned. Not tried safe mode, I'll try that tonight.

Every time I google, it points towards a driver issue but I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong driver wise, I just use the Radeon auto install thing, and Nvidia game ready driver both I think automatically install everything. Though I've never installed a LAN driver or Audio driver, they seemed to be just automatically installed by windows
Did u tried reinstalling all drivers?