[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450M DS3H + Ryzen 5 2600x Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeividasTek

Commendable
Mar 27, 2017
I've just received my components and put them together, i ran into a weird issue where the Fans would spin but no signal would appear on screen. I don't know if the CPU or Motherboard is at fault at this point since I've tried everything. I would also like to point out that the GPU wouldn't even turn on but
other fans would spin.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB 3000MHz

PSU: 650W corsair

GPU: RX 580 8GB Sapphire

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check these steps to make sure your components are properly powered for cpu, motherboard and gpu.

Think your card requires 8+6 pin pcie external to be connected at the rear, are these connected? And check psu side as well if using modular cables.

Also youd want the video cable connected to the gpu not the motherboard. The motherboard video ports are only operable with an apu cpu, ie 2400g.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Put the 580 back (in the top slot), make sure all pcie cables are plugged into it. Check the psu side make sure all cables are plugged into that too if using modular power cables. What model is your psu?

The gpu's fans wont kick in until 60c>, built in dynamic fan for quieter operation.

Is that a single stick of ram? Is it in the 2nd slot from cpu? Make sure it's in this slot and it's properly seated.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check the DP cable is properly locked in at both ends, shouldn't easily be pulled out like Hdmi. Have you tried a Hdmi cable?

If there are multiple video cables connected to the monitor, remove all cables, power off the monitor for 5 minutes. Then connect only one cable, DP or Hdmi and see if you get a display.

The motherboard supports 2600x out of the box. If you meant 3600x, then yeah, bios needs an update.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
To recap;

Cpu 8pin connector;
8-Pin-CPU-power-connector.png

--------

Memory is placed in 2nd slot from cpu;
UB6JJIp.png

And memory is seated properly;

--------
Both PCIe plugs (How ever many it needs) connected to the gpu;

graphics-card-pcie-6pin-and-8pin-power-connectors.jpg

--------
Only Displayport cable is connected from graphics card (not the motherboard) to the monitor and is properly locked in.
--------

I don't think your motherboard has debug leds, in which case, a diagnostic speaker can help diagnose error beep codes if any.

System-Speaker.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the pic. Nothing jumps out at me.

Try get a diagnostic speaker.

In the meantime, try reset cmos. Disconnect power from psu. Hold case power button for a 30 seconds or so to discharge capacitors. Locate coin size battery on motherboard and remove it for 5 minutes. Remember which side it goes back. Try boot.

If nothing changes after cmos reset, try breadboard the motherboard. Breadboarding is assembling the motherboard and running gear outside the case on a nonconductive surface to rule out case chassis/standoff shorts. To turn on motherboard outside case, if case power switch doesn't reach, short the two pins with a metal object.

Hopefully the pc speaker sheds a light on the issue. If not, probably seek assistance at a service centre and get the parts checked out and possibly determine what to rma.

Reactions: DeividasTek

DeividasTek

Commendable
Mar 27, 2017
Had everything removed, nothing, no beeps i don't know, it's really weird. Ive tried the diagnostic speaker on my old motherboard and it worked. seems like the motherboard is broken or something's at fault i've already contacted GIGABYTE

Status
Not open for further replies.