[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450M DS3H vs ASUS B450M-A Prime

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I was planning on going to micro center later this week to buy a Ryzen 5 3600 and both of these motherboards are $20 off with a Ryzen 5 3600. So at virtually the same price which one should I go with? Some other parts of my build include 16gb of 3200 mhz ram and an rtx 2600 if those matter as well. Also would it be worth upgrading to a ASrock B550M Steel for $60 if both of those are not very good as someone else told me it would be better for future proofing?

Solution
There really aren't any reviews of these two boards, and the only information to compare them with really is the product page specs (Which are largely very similar) and the VRM comparisons. Technically, the DS3H has a better VRM with a 4+3 VRM configuration compared to the 4+2 VRM on the B450M-A.

Yes, the B550M Steel legend would be a significantly better choice than either of those motherboards. If you don't HAVE to use a micro ATX board (The "M" in the model) then I'd look at standard ATX sized boards if your case supports it. Micro ATX motherboards generally lack features and usability that is present on the larger ATX boards.
There really aren't any reviews of these two boards, and the only information to compare them with really is the product page specs (Which are largely very similar) and the VRM comparisons. Technically, the DS3H has a better VRM with a 4+3 VRM configuration compared to the 4+2 VRM on the B450M-A.

Yes, the B550M Steel legend would be a significantly better choice than either of those motherboards. If you don't HAVE to use a micro ATX board (The "M" in the model) then I'd look at standard ATX sized boards if your case supports it. Micro ATX motherboards generally lack features and usability that is present on the larger ATX boards.

Solution