[SOLVED] Gigabyte B450M Gaming motherboard paired with Ryzen 5 3400G CPU

Jun 27, 2020
Hi guys!

Fresh meat forumer needs help. I just ordered this motherboard, and CPU, and checked gigabyte's website, but couldn't find that 3rd generation cpus with grahics is supported by this motherboard. They write only taht 3rd generation ryzens (like this) is supported. So I am not 100% sure about that, and I want to change the order if its not working. I know if these 2 fits together, then MB needs to get a BIOS update, but thats all.

So what do you think?

Thanks for Your replies in advance,

MrBlues

Solution
Hi guys!

Fresh meat forumer needs help. I just ordered this motherboard, and CPU, and checked gigabyte's website, but couldn't find that 3rd generation cpus with grahics is supported by this motherboard. They write only taht 3rd generation ryzens (like this) is supported. So I am not 100% sure about that, and I want to change the order if its not working. I know if these 2 fits together, then MB needs to get a BIOS update, but thats all.

So what do you think?

MrBlues
That CPU requires bios F40, which requires at least bios F32 to install using the Q-Flash utility.
The CPU support is HERE and the bios downloads is under another tab -- downloads.

While I don't expect that you...

RealBeast

Titan
Hi guys!

So what do you think?

MrBlues
That CPU requires bios F40, which requires at least bios F32 to install using the Q-Flash utility.
The CPU support is HERE and the bios downloads is under another tab -- downloads.

While I don't expect that you will need it, AMD has a free CPU loaner program HERE. It is the last paragraph of the page.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Jun 27, 2020
Thank You RealBeast. Well, I am very noob at pc builds, but I found this motherboard on the cpu support list, when I was looking for motherboards which support ryzen 5 3400g cpu. So it may work with a bios upgrade you think?

ps edit: as pcpartclicker says this motherboard has compatibilty with the ryzen 5 3400g, there is only bios issue, but I hope an update is going to help

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
Thank You RealBeast. Well, I am very noob at pc builds, but I found this motherboard on the cpu support list, when I was looking for motherboards which support ryzen 5 3400g cpu. So it may work with a bios upgrade you think?

ps edit: as pcpartclicker says this motherboard has compatibilty with the ryzen 5 3400g, there is only bios issue, but I hope an update is going to help
It may at least boot to the bios so you can update it, this has been asked a lot lately and most of the time it does. And the board you bought may already have bios version F40, since it is from May 2019.