Question Gigabyte B450m motherboard won't detect m.2 SSD after CPU upgrade

ezx

May 18, 2023
Following my upgrade from an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 to a AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, I've encountered an issue where my M.2 SSD boot drive is not recognized. This issue did not exist prior to the CPU upgrade, and I had updated my BIOS just a week before replacing the CPU and I had no issues. I've attempted a variety of troubleshooting steps, including resetting the BIOS by removing and reinserting the CMOS battery, tweaking numerous settings, even downgrading and re-updating the BIOS. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting various PC components. Despite these efforts, the problem persists. Is there anyway to fix this?

System information:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: gigabyte B450m gaming (rev. 1.x)
Ram: 16 gigs
SSD: WD green 240gb
HDD: Seagate 1gb
GPU: RX 580 4gb
PSU: corsair 550w

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you please state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? If you must clear the CMOS, you disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 secs and then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins.

As for your PSU, you mentioned the Brand and the advertised wattage. What is the model of the unit and how old is the unit in your build?

ezx

May 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you please state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? If you must clear the CMOS, you disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 secs and then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins.

As for your PSU, you mentioned the Brand and the advertised wattage. What is the model of the unit and how old is the unit in your build?
Thanks for your response.

So the bios version is f64a (Latest one)

The PSU that I'm using is about 3ish years old
Heres the product page for the PSU:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06X9BV5PR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1