Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2019
EVGA 750W Psu
24GB DDR4 all working
RX 480 8GB Gpu
B450M Mobo
Ryzen 5 1600 Cpu

For the life of me I cannot get this thing to show display!
My first mistake was bending the Ryzen pins, but I successfully straightened them again without breaking a single pin off of the Cpu. There was also some thermal grease that somehow made its way onto the board, however I cleaned it off with a paper towel. The Gigabyte mobo is new and was working great until I tried to install liquid cooling... it didn't go very well (my case does not support it). So I switched back to an air cooler, and my problems started getting worse. The blue LED light on the cooler started flashing then quit. I swapped it out for the stock wraith stealth cooler and now I have no display on my brand new monitor. While I was installing the liquid cooling, I had help from my wife and she touched the cpu on the back of the mobo. Everything spins, even the RX 480 8GB fans. I am still trying to locate my speaker so I can hear the error beeps and target the problem properly. I put a new battery in and cleared the CMOS with a screw driver.

HELP!!!

Solution
Either check that you installed the memory modules in the correct configuration of 2x8 in A2/B2 and 2x4GB in A1/B1 slots or remove one of the kits and install the other in A2/B2 slots. Post the model of the motherboard so we can look up the manual. You should read the manual as well.
Jul 8, 2019
Turns out my used RAX 480 8GB Red Devil had a missing screw on the bracket. I tightened it with a new screw and still no display. All 3 fans are spinning and I am wondering about that BIOS switch on it.

Jul 8, 2019
Yes, I have tried both outputs with no effect from either. I also replaced the CMOS battery again with a new one. The card does heat up and all fans are spinning. Re-seating the RAM again and clearing the CMOS with a jumper.

Either check that you installed the memory modules in the correct configuration of 2x8 in A2/B2 and 2x4GB in A1/B1 slots or remove one of the kits and install the other in A2/B2 slots. Post the model of the motherboard so we can look up the manual. You should read the manual as well.

Solution
Nov 7, 2020
This worked for me: First update your BIOS, you can download the Gigabyte App Center from here to update from Windows if you have a spare video card to use

https://www.filehorse.com/download-gigabyte-app-center/

and your BIOS file can be downloaded from here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

If you don't have a spare video card, use a flash USB to load your Bios and update it from Boot.

Make sure you have RAM sticks in Slots A1 B1 and remove the CMOS battery, make sure you unplug your power supply completely and turn off the switch. Replace the battery and RAM and boot your computer. I hope that helps.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

This thread is almost a year old.

Closing.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.