• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Gigabyte B450M S2H for a 1600X build?

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Hi all!

As the title suggests I'm looking for your general thoughts and opinions on pairing the Ryzen 5 1600X with the Gigabyte B450M S2H? Specifically I'm looking for info on how well this board overclocks? The completed system will consist of the aforementioned 1600X, a GTX 970 and 8gb of RAM (Will be upgraded to 16gb in near future). The power delivery seems solid enough on this board for a bit of overclocking, however having not dealt with any Ryzen processors yet on the OC front I'd appreciate some hands on advice?

Cheers in advance! =)

Hi all!

As the title suggests I'm looking for your general thoughts and opinions on pairing the Ryzen 5 1600X with the Gigabyte B450M S2H? Specifically I'm looking for info on how well this board overclocks? The completed system will consist of the aforementioned 1600X, a GTX 970 and 8gb of RAM (Will be upgraded to 16gb in near future). The power delivery seems solid enough on this board for a bit of overclocking, however having not dealt with any Ryzen processors yet on the OC front I'd appreciate some hands on advice?

Cheers in advance! =)
1600x could be overclocked on practically any b450 MB although "x" denotes that OC may not be necessary as it boost pretty good by itself.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Yeah I understand that for the most part OCing will be pretty flexible in terms of options, however I'm more concerned about the actual practicality of doing so on a cheaper motherboard? Hence my comments about the power delivery system, I know from experience that a poor power delivery system can greatly affect the overall effect of overclocking.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS