Question Gigabyte B450m V1.0 Bios Update

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Hello, so i have a small BIOS update problem on my B450 AORUS M v1 . I have a Ryzen 5 1600x with 16gb 2x8 Corsair vengence lpx cl 16 and BIOS version f32. A few days ago i updated my bios to f50 using the f40 steps, all good and smiles, the version was f50, booted in windows play games etc, but now it reverted back to f32, I don t know when, i just saw that the Bios version was f32. Do i have to update the BIOS Step by step from F32 to f40 then f41 and so on? or can it be upgraded directly to f50 using the f40 steps?
All i changed was the XMP profile from default to profile 1 : 2933 mhz for ram.
I repeat the version after the flash was f50, even the app center showed that.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Coincidentally, I just build a system with that same board. That aside...
I have never heard of a BIOS un-updating itself. To the best of my knowledge, the board does not have a 2nd BIOS or back-up BIOS it could have reset itself from. Are you confident that your BIOS updates that you did actually were successful all the way to F50?

Where did you see that the BIOS is now back to F32? At the startup screen? CPU-Z? Sys Info?

But to answer your question... yes. If the BIOS is actually back to F32, I would re-do the steps as outlined in the BIOS download page.

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
No it was back to f32, a couple of month i made an update till f42 from f1, but i suppose it didn t manage to update and gave me back to f32, 3 days ago i ve made an update directly to f50 fallowing the f4o instruction with EC something update. the new version was shown in bios info and app center from gigabyte. and i had to remake the Ram XMP profile becasue after the update the ram was running at 2166.
It has dual bios

Well the question is should i update each version step by step or do it again update from the last version F50?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, any time you update a BIOS, it will be be reset to default settings.
Just do the updates again step by step verifying between each one that it is at the newer version. I've never had that happen (and I've been doing this for a long time :().

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Found on another site that for the mobo's with dual bios if the oc Fail it will downgrade the Bios. The thing is since i updated my bios from f5 i can t OC my ram, only the profile saved before the update works but this is another pb. ok so i should update BIOS with each version

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Updates: So i just restarted today and by miracle my Bios Version is f50. IDK what's happening a the moment. All i know is when i entered in APP center Smart fan it said that motherboard has changed and needs a few sec to adjust the new settings. Yesterday did the same when i saw i had f32 BIOS it had to adjust the settings, because the mobo has changed. Tried to restart my pc or shut it down, no change the bios is f50, Yesterday it showed f32 in both system info and in app center

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've had a lot of strange experiences with my PCs over the years, but that is one I've never come across. Or read about. Btw, if this is your board, is in not the one I had. That is why I assumed it didn't have a 2nd BIOS. I must have been thinking of the non-Aorus board.

Work-around...
If both BIOS chips are socketed, you might consider pulling the backup and flashing the main. Once you're satisfied that the main is stable, swap the BIOS chips and repeat with the backup. Once that has proven stable, replace the BIOS chips in their original sockets.

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Found out the issue when i pull off the power for 5 minutes the Bios goes back to f32 after i use EC FW update Tool it goes back to f50, still a pb if i want to upgrade my cpu to 3RD GEN. How can i solve this problem?

Also should i update my bios by each version? i made a direct update from f 32 to f50

Last edited:

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Found the solution evrikaaa:

use this: download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_gfu_B19.0227.1.zip and run DualBiosRescue.exe located in the installation folder, in my case: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ GIGABYTE \ GigabyteFirmwareUpdateUtility

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
I don t know seriously, it just says updating framework or something, while in instalation the pc was running like a piece of crap. I am not sure if you can update BIOS through windows anymore, is counter indicated from what i read.

Sinigrlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
No, i ve changed the battery and the problem still persisted until i ve done that update with DualBiosRescue.exe . Now i am good, the BIOS is at f50 and it sticks even after power cable is off for 10 min , now to gather some money or wait to see what gen 4 will bring to the table .