[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC vs. MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

Jul 21, 2020
Hello friends, I'm upgrading my PC. Going to get Ryzen 7 3700X. I wanted to buy motherboard Gigabyte but I get advice in shop to look also onto MSI. In my country (Slovakia) they cost almost same (5 euros less for MSI)
What's your opinion which one will be better? I'm not planning to use more than one GPU, I have one HDD and one SSD. I'm planning to get later (maybe for christmas) one NVMe SSD. What do you think is better for same price? B550 or X570 ? thanks a lot

Solution
i don't see much of a difference between them really. they both have a decent amount of fan headers and pretty much the same power delivery. usb ports are about the same as well. you get pcie 4.0 either way as well. at this point for me, it comes down to looks. which looks better to you?

i have the b450 aorus pro wifi and love it. plenty of fan headers and lots of rgb headers if your into that stuff. only thing i did not like was the built in wifi. it is very slow and should be a lot better for the money. so if you plan on using it, know you're probably going to want a better card or dongle to be happy with wifi.

you won't go wrong with either choice really.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i don't see much of a difference between them really. they both have a decent amount of fan headers and pretty much the same power delivery. usb ports are about the same as well. you get pcie 4.0 either way as well. at this point for me, it comes down to looks. which looks better to you?

i have the b450 aorus pro wifi and love it. plenty of fan headers and lots of rgb headers if your into that stuff. only thing i did not like was the built in wifi. it is very slow and should be a lot better for the money. so if you plan on using it, know you're probably going to want a better card or dongle to be happy with wifi.

you won't go wrong with either choice really.

Solution
Jul 21, 2020
thank you for your opinion, after few more readings on internet I decided to go with Gigabyte B550. Looks nice to me (but that is not the main reason). I have Gigabyte MB for 7 years now and I was very satisfied with it (socket FM2) yes I had few random (unknown reason) crashing but I think it is MB....I hope, it is not PSU because I will be using it also in this new setup