Question [Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2] Weird (clicking?) noise every 30-45 seconds

Batuhur

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,

Couple of weeks ago I bought a prebuild (specs below) from a SI. The computer makes this weird clicking noise every 30-45 seconds (recorded from top of the case). I don't even know how to describe it properly. It is not caused by a hdd (disconnected it), and there is no CD-ROM. It also doesn't seem like the noise is coming from PSU as it is mounted at the bottom and the noise seems to come from middle/top of the PC. Thats why I think it may be coming from mobo. Does anyone have any ideas about the cause of this? I have a 3 year warranty on the PC so I can get it repaired if it is a serious issue. It is also a bit annoying.

Performance and the temps are fine.

Specs:
GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with Wraith Prism
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 EAGLE OC LHR - 12GB
G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-3200 C16 DC
DUTZO C320 TG RGB Case
GIGABYTE SSD NVMe M.2 - 512GB
Kioxia Exceria M.2 PCIe 1TB
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB HDD
DUTZO PS550B PSU- 550 Watt - 120 mm - 80 Plus Bronze

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't hear anything in the 5 second upload you made. Even with sound isolating headphones so I can't hear my PC.
One way to isolate noise is to use a rolled up piece of paper and listen down it to maybe isolate where in case is making noise
you will need to take side off to be more specific.

Reactions: Batuhur

Batuhur

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
i can't hear anything in the 5 second upload you made. Even with sound isolating headphones so I can't hear my PC.
One way to isolate noise is to use a rolled up piece of paper and listen down it to maybe isolate where in case is making noise
you will need to take side off to be more specific.

Thanks for the reply!

The "clicking" noise comes between 3. and 5. second mark (there is a constant background fan noise in the entire recording of couse), it is actually audible to me even with the crap speakers my display has, but maybe I'm used to the noise and able to distinguish it more easily. I will try to get a more clear recording tho, maybe I can try to put the phone right inside the pc.

I tried to pinpoit the location of the noise but couldn't. I will also try your method.

Thanks.