[SOLVED] Gigabyte b550i accessing CMOS battery

computerwonder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2012
Need to reset the cmos of the gigabyte b550i tried the jumper but no luck.

The battery is behind the rear io shield which is brilliantly located underneath the plastic cover at the back. Removed the 4 screws attaching it in however can’t seem to get it to come free? presume there is a knack to it? Rear IO shield is a pre installed one and is encased

Solution
I'd suggest you give another try shorting the CLEAR CMOS pins. Get a screwdriver, touch both pins for at least 10-15 seconds just to be sure.

It should be possible to take the pre-installed I/O shield off with a little bit of force, without taking the plastic cover. Once you're there, you'll need to reach with some tweezers and disconnect the battery connector for 15-20 minutes.

Before doing that though, try the CLR_CMOS jumper method once more.
I'd suggest you give another try shorting the CLEAR CMOS pins. Get a screwdriver, touch both pins for at least 10-15 seconds just to be sure.

It should be possible to take the pre-installed I/O shield off with a little bit of force, without taking the plastic cover. Once you're there, you'll need to reach with some tweezers and disconnect the battery connector for 15-20 minutes.

Before doing that though, try the CLR_CMOS jumper method once more.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS