TLDR: Motherboard wont auto detect dual ram

Cyberpower pc pre built

Specs:
CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi11240CPGV5
CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
MOB: Gigabyte B560 DS3H AC Y-1 / BIOS Ver: F3
Memory: 1x Patriot Memory DDR 4 SDRAM 8GB 3000MHz Serial: 10071838
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060

Want to install: 2x 8GB (16GB Total) DDR4 3200MHz DRAM Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK164M2E3200

Hello. I am trying to install the ram stated above. Currently the Patriot RAM is in slot A2 working fine (the slot it was initially installed in). When I put the new ram into the designated slots (A2/B2) my pc does not start up. I tested out both in slot A2, they worked, but after a bit I got a blue screen and it restarted. I did change, through BIOS, the ram speed setting to 3200MHz. Maybe that cause the blue screen for this instance. I did switch it back to default settings after that instance and then reinstalled the Patriot RAM sticks.

After I reinstalled the Patriot RAM and things are working fine for the most part. Except a few things:

-I am getting a windows security warning in the core isolation. Its giving me a message about memory integrity that has to do with outdated drivers. Updated a few of them I could find but still have that message.

-The PC is not going into sleep mode/powering off when not in use.

-As well as when I was installing a new game last night it blue screened and restarted. This morning the PC was still on and functioning.

Not entirely sure how to fix/install these new ram sticks.

If my understanding is correct, the motherboard should be able to auto detect the new installed ram?

Would I have to adjust a setting(s) in BIOS and or update the BIOS to get it to work?

Should I clear CMOS/BIOS update have any risks/be helpful to fix the issue?

And what would I need to do to get my motherboard to work with this RAM?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Side Note: I was also poking around in Easy tune and checked out the Advance CPU OC. The power limit is set at 125W. My power supply is 650W. Would that also cause any issues at all? Should I adjust the power settings there as well?
Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022
This just happened to me on my HP Compaq, Where I would install the ram and it would blink 4 times and the fans would spin like plane engines, I fixed it by swapping them and making sure that they 100% fit in, Idk about a GIGABYTE tho.

Gigabyte B560 DS3H AC Y-1 wont detect dual ram sticks

TLDR: Motherboard wont auto detect dual ram

Cyberpower pc pre built

Specs:
CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi11240CPGV5
CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
MOB: Gigabyte B560 DS3H AC Y-1 / BIOS Ver: F3
Memory: 1x Patriot Memory DDR 4 SDRAM 8GB 3000MHz Serial: 10071838
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060

Want to install: 2x 8GB (16GB Total) DDR4 3200MHz DRAM Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK164M2E3200

Hello. I am trying to install the ram stated above. Currently the Patriot RAM is in slot A2 working fine (the slot it was initially installed in). When I put the new ram into the designated slots (A2/B2) my pc does not start up. I tested out both in slot A2, they worked, but after a bit I got a blue screen and it restarted. I did change, through BIOS, the ram speed setting to 3200MHz. Maybe that cause the blue screen for this instance. I did switch it back to default settings after that instance and then reinstalled the Patriot RAM sticks.

After I reinstalled the Patriot RAM and things are working fine for the most part. Except a few things:

-I am getting a windows security warning in the core isolation. Its giving me a message about memory integrity that has to do with outdated drivers. Updated a few of them I could find but still have that message.

-The PC is not going into sleep mode/powering off when not in use.

-As well as when I was installing a new game last night it blue screened and restarted. This morning the PC was still on and functioning.

Not entirely sure how to fix/install these new ram sticks.

If my understanding is correct, the motherboard should be able to auto detect the new installed ram?

Would I have to adjust a setting(s) in BIOS and or update the BIOS to get it to work?

Should I clear CMOS/BIOS update have any risks/be helpful to fix the issue?

And what would I need to do to get my motherboard to work with this RAM?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Side Note: I was also poking around in Easy tune and checked out the Advance CPU OC. The power limit is set at 125W. My power supply is 650W. Would that also cause any issues at all? Should I adjust the power settings there as well?
Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can help.
You might want to get what you have working proper before you start changing stuff.

What speed does task manager/perf/mem show the ram is running at?

Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run......no errors allowed.

Sep 2, 2022
mybqZ3.png
a44LwV.png
WsONuE.png
wfStjY.png
WQvtLn.png
MRY5su.png
trKZ8c.png
TZ8Yv3.png
HgiMyU.png
wsIsYe.png
q1VKiF.png
8I1bfF.png
LPicNQ.png

Here is all of the settings and info about my computer as of now. The windows not going to sleep and memory isolation errors have been resolved.

The remaining issue is still the ram. Im not sure what I would need to configure my PC to accept the 2 sticks of 8gb ram listed above. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My next experiment is reset CMOS/BIOS to defaults. But am holding off on that for the moment.

mybqZ3.png
a44LwV.png
WsONuE.png
wfStjY.png
WQvtLn.png
MRY5su.png
trKZ8c.png
TZ8Yv3.png
HgiMyU.png
wsIsYe.png
q1VKiF.png
8I1bfF.png
LPicNQ.png

Here is all of the settings and info about my computer as of now. The windows not going to sleep and memory isolation errors have been resolved.

The remaining issue is still the ram. Im not sure what I would need to configure my PC to accept the 2 sticks of 8gb ram listed above. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My next experiment is reset CMOS/BIOS to defaults. But am holding off on that for the moment.
Try resetting the bios see what the results are.

Try updating your bios your a little behind....test.

Sep 2, 2022
Reset BIOS, updated BIOS to F6, reset CMOS and no change. Still not reading/booting up when the two RAM sticks are installed. When I do reinsert power the led lights on my fan blink once after a bit but wont boot up with the two sticks in. It really just loves the older single Patriot RAM.

So im stuck. Tried to adjust a few settings in BIOS but that just kept putting the computer into a state where it will boot up but never go to any screens. I.E. everything revs up then shuts down. Then repeats that whole process unless you just disconnect the power supply.

Most of the settings in the BIOS are set to auto/default settings.

Reset BIOS, updated BIOS to F6, reset CMOS and no change. Still not reading/booting up when the two RAM sticks are installed. When I do reinsert power the led lights on my fan blink once after a bit but wont boot up with the two sticks in. It really just loves the older single Patriot RAM.

So im stuck. Tried to adjust a few settings in BIOS but that just kept putting the computer into a state where it will boot up but never go to any screens. I.E. everything revs up then shuts down. Then repeats that whole process unless you just disconnect the power supply.

Most of the settings in the BIOS are set to auto/default settings.
Take one of these new sticks of ram and test it in each slot then do the same with the other stick of ram.

Sep 2, 2022
Alright heres an update:

I did what you said and tried all of the slots. Turns out one of the ram sticks was not working. Probably got the two sticks confused. Ended up getting a replacement set and it is all functioning. Enabled xmp and it's running at optimal speeds.