Question Gigabyte b560m Aorus Pro AX or Asus ROG STRIX B560-G Gaming Wifi

Jan 2, 2019
Hi! I'm currently deciding between these two boards. I will only partner it with an I5-11400, but will try to get an i7-11700 if I can manage to stretch out my budget that much. This would be the last time I'll upgrade my rig so I don't mind spending a little bit more. Both are expensive boards for a b560 but I can't get a z490/z590 as I would be reusing my matx case and other parts. I'll basically be only changing my cpu and motherboard. My current setup is barely surviving when I game (i3-7100 and H110m-e/m.2). They are priced similarly $174 for the aorus pro and $183 for the rog strix. Which one is better? I have seen a lot of reviews and articles about how good the aorus pro is, meanwhile, there is barely any video or article talking about the rog strix b560-g. Thanks!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You should list the specs to your current build so we can understand what you're upgrading from and if your existing hardware might have any downfalls when migrating to the 11th Gen platform from Intel. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to also mention where you're located and your budget for the board, together with your preferred site for purchase so as to get a better suggestion with board/build parts choices. FYI, the stock cooler you get with either of the concurrent generation of Intel CPU's are pointless, to the point you will need to look into aftermarket cooling.

Jan 2, 2019
You should list the specs to your current build so we can understand what you're upgrading from and if your existing hardware might have any downfalls when migrating to the 11th Gen platform from Intel. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to also mention where you're located and your budget for the board, together with your preferred site for purchase so as to get a better suggestion with board/build parts choices. FYI, the stock cooler you get with either of the concurrent generation of Intel CPU's are pointless, to the point you will need to look into aftermarket cooling.
I'm from the Philippines. Budget is around $180 but I can stretch it out a bit to buy the strix if its better than the aorus pro. I'll also get a beefier air cooler soon as I don't think my current one can keep the chip cool at around 60-70C at full load (not that I'll do it often). Here's my specs atm
CPU: Intel i3 7100
Motherboard: H110m-e/m. 2
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Rgb 2x8gb 3200mhz
Ssd/Hdd: Kingston a2000 250gb nvme and Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200rpm
Gpu: Xfx rx 470
Psu: Inwin f1 600w bronze
Chassis: Rakk Haliya matx
Cpu cooler: Deepcool gammaxx 400 ex

Jan 2, 2019
Your Gammaxx 400 should be good enough for an i5. If you opt for an i7, it might struggle somewhat. With that being a lower TDP version, as it is a non K variant, it might still be ok.
Just bought an i5 11400 with a B560m aorus pro ax for $376. There is a 11400f and aorus pro ax for $342 but chose the 11400 for the igpu, in case my gpu dies. It's a nice back-up to have as I won't be able to afford and find a gpu right away. Thanks for yall reply!